Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 01-15-2015, 06:37 AM

Coffee: That would be so much would love it. To bad we haven't perfected the "beam me up" method.
I'm just wowed everyone. Such beautiful and creative work. Just move from one beautiful picture to another oohing and aahing. Still no book, so I'm a observer, but I can't wait to get started.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Gay

Emma - how sad your Brother is still in the box. Will it do normal sewing too or just an embroidery machine, if it's the latter you won't be able to do free-hand satin stitch, so did you buy the cd of designs? Do bight the bullet and set it up. Read the instruction book as the Brother machines are so uncomplicated and very user-friendly, I've never had a lesson on mine. I also digitise my own designs, but that's a whole nother learning process.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:27 PM

Gay: My embroidery machine is only for embroidery, I have a little Janome that I will be using for the satin stitch. Even if I was master of the machine, I don't think I would buy the software. Seems a little pricey for just one project. One of my goals for this year is to take that first step since that's always the hardest.
Is anyone using the software?
Old 01-16-2015, 01:56 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506428[/ATTACH]

I am using the software designs, this is the first block I have completed. I consider it using the tools of the times by using the designers digitized patterns, she did a great job on them.
I am enjoying everyone's posts, I personally could not attempt to do the hand work you guys are doing, such talent and patience.
But picking fabric colors is going to be so much fun for this project.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03386 [800x600].jpg
Views:	160
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	506428  
Old 01-16-2015, 02:00 PM

My stabilizer came in today. Three day weekend, packed to the gills, but *maybe* on Monday or tomorrow morning
I might get a chance to try it out.

Emma, I just received an embroidery machine for Christmas, it was easier to use than I thought it would. Mine is also a Brother and came with a little CD that had some introductory videos on it. I watched the videos and that gave me enough confidence to give it a shot. I've just done a couple of the smaller preprogrammed motifs but am confident that I can figure out the rest as I go. Also, this youtube channel has a lot of videos on the Brother SE400, it was very helpful: Burley Sew - Just click the "load more" button a couple times and they will all pop up at the bottom of the list.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM

Marilyn: That's gorgeous! Love the shapes and colors

Since my book now appears to have a delivery date of the 29th, I am going t get one of my other books out and use some of those designs to practice the satin stitch. Thanks or the info Kaelyn going to do that right now.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:50 PM

Marilynn, Great looking block! Really looking forward to seeing everyone's blocks.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:06 PM

Marilynn, your block is beautiful! I Had wanted to see the digitized version - thanks for showing it!
Old 01-17-2015, 03:13 AM

Love your block chickadee55. It is nice to see that someone else is using an embroidery machine for this.
Yes she did a wonderful job digitizing the patterns. It is surprising what goes into creating those embroidery designs and making them stitch out so perfectly.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:57 AM

I love seeing all the pictures - thanks everyone for sharing them. It makes it so much more fun doing it this way.

Here are my #2 blocks with the embroidery done. Finally decided to use coordinating floss on the black blocks instead of gold. I've a large selection of floss from years ago when I did cross-stitching.

I think I'll wait until the "catchup" week to do the quilting on the gold block.