Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
white thread from Connecting Threads >

white thread from Connecting Threads

white thread from Connecting Threads

Old 01-17-2015, 01:14 PM

Default white thread from Connecting Threads

Has anyone used white thread from Connecting Threads. I bought the poly. and the cotton and noticed that there was a big difference in colour when I put it against Guterman white thread. The CT thread looks ivory. Does it look ok on white fabric for quilting? I contacted CT and they said they never had anyone question it before. Two different spools so I figure they both can't be labelled wrong.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

I use a lot of thread from Connecting Threads including white, it certainly looks white when quilting white fabric. I do not use Gutermann thread so have never compared the colors. I have run out part way through a quilt and switched to a white from Superior Threads though, on the quilt you could not see a different
Old 01-17-2015, 03:12 PM

I use almost exclusively Connecting Threads thread - the white looks white on white fabric.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:14 PM

if you put 10 different brands side by side I'll bet they all look different but are all white.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:54 PM

I bet you did not know there are so many different shades of white!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

There are different shades of white fabric too. I have several whites, I had to buy a true white for a quilt I am going to make. My white were not a true white. Never compared white threads they look white to me. I use connecting thread a lot, all colors including white. I usually quilt scrappy quilts with off white.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:29 PM

I use a lot of CT thread also, for sewing, piecing and on the LA. The white looks fine on white fabrics.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
There are different shades of white fabric too. I have several whites, I had to buy a true white for a quilt I am going to make. My white were not a true white. Never compared white threads they look white to me. I use connecting thread a lot, all colors including white. I usually quilt scrappy quilts with off white.
There are really a lot of shades, most whites do not show different once they are on the fabric.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:38 AM

Like so many colors, White is a HARD color to match from brand to brand. Guterman white is almost a blinding white, next to so other brands. It's kinda of like paint you have white, egg shell white, white white (or hospital white). I will only use one brand of thread if I'm free motion quilting (or topstitching of some kind), if the stitching isn't going to show I mix it up all the time. You might also see a color difference in whites if you use pre-wound bobbins too, but it's still ok.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:02 AM

There are many, many different shades of white thread and material.