Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 01-20-2015, 06:24 AM

Coffee, it's fused and I did a very narrow gold satin stitch around it. The butterfly was outlined in gold on the print, so it was real easy to cut and then stitch over the gold outline part. I'm going to try a one setting larger zigzag on the next one. This was done at the smallest setting my machine will do.

I'm having the same problem with selecting colors for the blocks, and I keep telling myself that I'm making it harder than it needs to be. And with 36 of them, I can do something different on the next one, and they'll be fine all put together. I want to have fun, not stress out about it LOL!!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:24 PM

Macy, I totally understand the colour issue. When I have doubts I look at google images for this quilt and look closely at the fabric /colour selections - come to realise that it is made of so many different colours and it looks great!
Old 01-23-2015, 03:25 AM

We are approaching the end of week three now, I'm putting a call out for a status report! How are your blocks coming along? I've really been enjoying all the photos of blocks so far and hope you are enjoying making them.

Next week is a catch up week, which I am already hoping to utilize to redo my block #1. I have blocks #2 & #5 done and put away.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:35 AM
dd

Just got my pearl cotton yesterday. Applique is all but finished. Now I have to go back and embroider the blocks. I think I did #5 too.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 AM

I am doing these blocks with my embroidery machine, so I don't think my progress is the same as you that are doing it with other methods. I am ready to start #4. I love watching your progress and methods and I love the butterfly affect, I will use that on the block with the circles in the middle (everytime I look at that block I think of a target!) so a butterfly there may be a good addition. But yes, I love looking at your pics and fabrics. Happy Friday everyone.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:51 AM

I've just gotten distracted - joined the 50 stars group to learn paper piecing, and two swaps due in March, and then I fell in love with another block and made a Valentines wall hanging that is now on the longarm.

Sticking with the group here is helping me to at least not get totally distracted and completely forget about this project because of all the shiny new ideas!

I have the gold #3 fused and ready for machine applique, and the pieces all cut for the black #3. I've got to put some extra hours in for my paying job this weekend, so the catchup week is going to be great to have!

Truth time - I'm finding I don't really enjoy the hand sewing, but I kind of figured that would be the case. I don't know if I want to be resolute and make myself do all 36 blocks just to have done them by hand, or pick out some of my favorites and just do those. Even though I have all the peices for block #3 cut, even after enlarging it, there are still a lot of tiny pieces! Maybe I better go back to my original plan of skipping #3 until the near the end.

I will do all 36 of the gold backing, machine appliqued ones. That I love doing. And I do have the complete set of cream/green finished.

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-23-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:55 AM

Can you believe I'm still waiting for my book? I purchased it from a dealer on Amazon, there was a complaint about it taking forever. Should of listened! In my mind I kind of thought that meant ten days. The projected date is the 29th, that's three weeks from the order date. Next time I pay attention to the comments.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Can you believe I'm still waiting for my book? I purchased it from a dealer on Amazon, there was a complaint about it taking forever. Should of listened! In my mind I kind of thought that meant ten days. The projected date is the 29th, that's three weeks from the order date. Next time I pay attention to the comments.
Emma, maybe you should contact the seller through Amazon and request an update. Unfortunately, Amazon won't do anything about it until it is passed the projected delivery date but you might have luck with talking to the seller. Amazon requires all sellers to provide the same level of customer service that Amazon does, so if they don't respond you can file a complaint with Amazon.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:07 AM

I am just being a lurker. I have the book and probably most of the material. Am just thinking of how I want to tackle this. Do I use the embroidery machine, will have to get the software, do I hand applique, or machine applique.

I too have been busy finishing up other projects. But I have enjoyed seeing everyone's blocks and the discussion around this project. I just might get started one of these days.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:31 PM

Kaelyn: I actually have a tracer link, it's on its way via US Postal. Didn't even know any shipper, including the post office, was that slow. Wonder if they have a special book category. They charged me $10 for shipping and handling, everything I've ever ordered got here within ten days regardless of how it was shipped. Oh well, enough negativity, I can at least drool over the beautiful work everyone is doing.
Anoka: Come on in, no matter what method you use, I've heard its a lot of fun. Hope some day I'll find out for myself.