Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Any Pfaff 4.2 owners on the board. >

Any Pfaff 4.2 owners on the board.

Any Pfaff 4.2 owners on the board.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by purly View Post
Oh is the Pfaff 4.2 that hard to use? I'm thinking of buying one in the near future, I'm really unhappy with my Brother.
I don't think so. I'd had never used a sewing machine up until about 18 months when a I started with a cheap Brother from a department store. I got my Pfaff a year ago and have been sewing with it ever since without any lessons - just the manual, a video or two on YouTube and the experience that came from using it.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:34 PM

I got mine last spring and love it. Been in the shop twice though. Thank goodness I purchased locally but repairs take 3-4 weeks! Yikes! Wish I was back home we could get together - I am from Vancouver, WA. Are there particular things you are curious about or having issues with?
Old 01-21-2015, 04:34 PM

Leslie333 - thank you for the warning! You were so right - I watched the first 20 min ipof the video and I want to spend money. Lol. It looks like an absolut perfect machine for me!

Ron - I've had my Brother for a couple of years and I had really liked it in the beginning but it's bothering me more and more. It's 'eating' my fabric and it moves the fabric around a lot so that I have to put a lot of pressure and control on it. I'm very accurate with my cutting and everything and sewing destroys it.

Trinaannlane - thank you! I live in Germany and I've a few local dealers around here who also repair Pfaff so I'm hoping that repairing would take shorter.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:14 PM

Purly - the Pfaff would be very unlikely to move the fabric around a lot. The built in integrated dual feed (used instead of a walking foot) is great for quilting and helps feed both layers together! Also, my Performance 5.0 came with both a regular needle plate and a single hole plate, which is great for piecing. Not sure if the 4.2 has both, but that should be easy to check.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:26 AM

Thank you, Leslie333. The IDT system is why I want to have a Pfaff. It's so much easier. I've to check my local dealer for deals and discounts but I've already found it online ... dealer is only about one hour from where I live and they offer a great financing plan ... the whole price all in one payment is a little too much at the moment, especially with me being pregnant.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:16 PM

I have a Pfaff 4.2 also and I love it! I'll have to look for the yahoo group as well.