Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt on TV show >

Quilt on TV show

Quilt on TV show

Old 01-20-2015, 04:40 AM

Default Quilt on TV show

Hi, Im trying to find a photo of a quilt used in a Hallmark show called the Thanksgiving House. It was a quilt hanging in the main room where the front door to the house was.

I know Hallmark has a lot of cute holiday movies with beautiful quilts in them. I forgot the name of the show but it took place in a big log cabin Inn and it had quilts in every room, it was fun to watch. The parents were retiring and selling the Inn, and the daughter of the new investor was staying there to check out how to change it.
Anyway, what are some of your favorite quilts in tv shows and movies?
If anyone has seen a picture of the Thanksgiving house quilt, could you post it ?
thanks!

Bee
Old 01-20-2015, 04:43 AM

P.S. here is a link to the Thanksgiving House movie. It had Lyndsey Wagner in it.

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.c...-channels.html
Old 01-20-2015, 04:45 AM

I missed that Thanksgiving House movie but did see the other one you mentioned. I loved the bed quilt in the Inn. I based a Tree skirt on the one. Had posted it here earlier. Love those movies for inspiration.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bee3 View Post
Hi, Im trying to find a photo of a quilt used in a Hallmark show called the Thanksgiving House. It was a quilt hanging in the main room where the front door to the house was.

I know Hallmark has a lot of cute holiday movies with beautiful quilts in them. I forgot the name of the show but it took place in a big log cabin Inn and it had quilts in every room, it was fun to watch. The parents were retiring and selling the Inn, and the daughter of the new investor was staying there to check out how to change it.
Anyway, what are some of your favorite quilts in tv shows and movies?
If anyone has seen a picture of the Thanksgiving house quilt, could you post it ?
thanks!

Bee
here is a link to the ski lodge change movie called Let It Snow http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3320502/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6
Old 01-20-2015, 05:12 AM

I have been addicted to those holiday movies. I watch them over and over again mainly to catch things like the quilts (and because there isn't much of anything else that I like to watch). The quilt on the bed of Candace Cameron Bure (sp?) in Let It Snow was beautiful.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:16 AM

yes, there was one on the bed and one on the wall as I remember. All of the quilts in that show were beautiful, and the aprons the mom wore were really cute.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I didn't and don't watch much TV. I mainly just listen as I sew in the evenings and weekends. I seldom remember names of movies.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

yep, i only remembered Cameron in it.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:17 AM

My 2 favorites are:

At the barn raising in Witness (Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis), the Amish ladies are under a shade tree in the afternoon quilting a huge quilt that has one very big floral applique in the center (white background). It is definitely not dark or plain.

The other one is in a Hallmark movie that I can't remember the name of at this moment; the story line: 2 best girlfriends on an island are separated at about 9 years old and they lose touch with one another. One stays on the island, marries and has children; the other becomes an enormous success (& famous) in NYC, but must come back to the island when her father dies in order to carry out his last request. While there, she is offered and accepts an invitation to stay at her former best friend's house. The quilt on the bed in the room in which she stays is wonderful. I've seen the show several times and I think I should recognize the pattern, but I don't.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:45 AM

I watch old movies and they have gorgeous quilts but in B&W mostly so I use my imagination. Mostly the quilts are in the homes of the "poor"