Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I love my Go! >

I love my Go!

I love my Go!

Old 01-22-2015, 05:26 AM

Love this pattern and being able to use my Go for it is a definite bonus. This definitely goes in my binder for Go patterns!

I am not familiar with this artist but will be researching her.

Thanks for the link!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:41 AM
CRO

I was looking at the die that makes 1, 1 1/2 and 2 in. strips. Looks like they are all together. If I wanted just one of those size strips would I have to cut a strip to fit just that section? If so I'm not sure I want this die.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:01 AM

Love that pattern. Thanks for posting it.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
I have a go and multiple dies and mats, but I don't use it. Most of the quilts I make use squares, rectangles or triangles and I've found I enjoy using my rotary cutter. I just mentioned on another thread that I should sell my leader grips. I suppose I should sell my go cutter and accessories too.

Goodness, it's a bit embarrassing to think of the money I've thrown away on things
Well, the good news is that the Go! and the dies seem to really hold their value well. I looked for a used machine for awhile before I bought the Fuse and I wasn't seeing them available for very much less than new. So if you put yours up on eBay you'll probably get a pretty good percentage of your original investment back!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50 View Post
Wow....it looked so complicated to do just looking at the quilt but with the pattern you've provided, it should be fun to do!!
Thanks...I'm gonna use my go too except the 7x7 will have to be cut by hand. Can't wait to start going thry my stash and get to cutting!

Before you rotary cut those 7"squares...if you have the 4" finished HST substitute that......as you see by the diagram. That 7" is sewed around edges and then diagonals cut...giving you bias edges on those HSTs....just a heads up....
Old 01-22-2015, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CRO View Post
I was looking at the die that makes 1, 1 1/2 and 2 in. strips. Looks like they are all together. If I wanted just one of those size strips would I have to cut a strip to fit just that section? If so I'm not sure I want this die.
I have this die. It's great to cut all three sizes at once for string piecing. I lay scrap fabric on the die, doesn't matter the length. I have all the strip dies and will use those for the exact size I need in a strip. My favorite the last few quilts I've made has been the 6 1/2 strip die.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
Thanks for posting the link to this pattern. It is going on my short list for my livingroom couches.
Thanks for the link! Can't wait to cut - cut - cut with my new Go Big!
Old 01-22-2015, 08:21 AM

I love my Studio too! Although, I'd probably cut the time even further by changing this to use the chisel die or the half hexagon.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I found this pattern online. I pulled my fabric and cut all the HST and squares using my Go in less then 30 min. I put it all in a bag with the pattern and now I have a quilt kit ready to grab and take to a sew day.

Here is the pattern: http://www.quiltingismytherapy.com/w...al-revised.pdf
Just bought a GO due to arth. in hands. Good to hear I did not make a mistake.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
Love this pattern and being able to use my Go for it is a definite bonus. This definitely goes in my binder for Go patterns!

I am not familiar with this artist but will be researching her.

Thanks for the link!
Check out her blog "Quilting is my therapy"--she was the speaker/workshop at our Machine Quilting Guild recently--she's great! This quilt was even more awesome in person.