Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New magazine--Quilt >

New magazine--Quilt

New magazine--Quilt

Old 01-07-2010, 08:00 AM

I'm letting F&P go, too. I find that lately it's all about money -- nothing free anymore. They seem to be more into selling than sewing -- and all their patterns and fabric are pricey compared to all the other quilt magazines who are happy to give free patterns and extras and tutorials on their websites. I think I subscribe to all of the quilt mags, including the new online one. I do prefer to have a hard copy in my hands, one I can file and look through later.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 AM

I did get that and I ordered it, but haven't received it yet. I absolutely love Quilter's Home, but at $55.99 for 12 issues, I will probably not renew. I don't remember what the introductory offer was, but I know it wasn't that much! I like the spreadsheet idea. I can definitely let magazines get away from me and that would keep me in line. :lol:
Old 01-07-2010, 08:39 AM

Last year I subscribed to 5 magazines. 6 months before my subscription expired I started getting notices. I received 37 expired notices (I kept them all). 5 Mag and 37 notices makes approx 7 notices per magazines. Each month I am still getting expired notices, but Quick Quilts and Quiltmaker had a special for $21.00 a year plus a subscription for a friend free. I subscribed to both, found a friend, and we split the fee. In the meantime I went on line to see when my subscription expired, my Quick Quilts expires in 2012. The person with the spreadsheet has the right idea. Do not renew just because you get a notice.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mari
yes, I got one and it does look like it is neat. The price is right, but it is for six months, not twelve. I ordered it. I don't get any magazines. We get them donated by others who have read them and I will say the amount of advertising in each one is sometimes annoying to me
12 months, but 6 issues, so you get one every other month. Most of them are like that, as far as I can tell.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 AM

Lol. I got the same offer, and threw it away (gasp!) because I didn't think it was legit. From what you all are saying, I'd better look through the recycle bin and send it off after all. Someone seems to have sold my address to the quilting world because now I'm recieving quilting junk mail. It kind of makes me frustrated, but maybe I'll check here to see if any of the things offered are really worth it.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
I got that offer and did sign up for it yesterday.

And on a related note, I found that I had to create an Excel spreadsheet to keep up with my quilting magazine subscriptions so I wouldn't inadvertently subscribe to the same one twice, LOL! It tracks the name, number of issues, subscription date, expire date, amount paid, etc. Hopefully, I'll keep it all straight!
Eddiie, how many quilting mags to do you since getting bit by the quilting bug? I got this ad in the mail too and am signing up for it. My other sewing magzine is Threads.
I sometimes wish I had Excel, but my new computer doesn't have it.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
Originally Posted by Eddie
I got that offer and did sign up for it yesterday.

And on a related note, I found that I had to create an Excel spreadsheet to keep up with my quilting magazine subscriptions so I wouldn't inadvertently subscribe to the same one twice, LOL! It tracks the name, number of issues, subscription date, expire date, amount paid, etc. Hopefully, I'll keep it all straight!
Eddiie, how many quilting mags to do you since getting bit by the quilting bug? I got this ad in the mail too and am signing up for it. My other sewing magzine is Threads.
I sometimes wish I had Excel, but my new computer doesn't have it.
I get 6 different ones (see below). Anyone know any good ones that I'm missing out on??? :D

Quilter's World
The Quilter
Fons & Porter - Love of Quilting
McCall's Quilting
American Quilter's Society
Quilt
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM

[quote=Miss Mona]Last year I subscribed to 5 magazines. 6 months before my subscription expired I started getting notices. I received 37 expired notices (I kept them all). 5 Mag and 37 notices makes approx 7 notices per magazines.

I wish they would let you renew on line like Herb Quarterly. They send the email and I can renew on line.....I have let every thing expire....too much paper!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

I have some older quilting magazines but, haven't subscribed to any for years. I do have lots of quilt books, maybe after I make all those up I will get more. I am dropping all magazines but, This Old House, the one I like best. Seems all of them want you to subscribe several times a year - one I was paid up for about 3 yr.s in advance and they want to automatically sign you up each year. I don't have time to read them any way.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 AM

I didn't get that offer either that's one I would actualy like to get instead of the ones I do get.