Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilt projects are you working on now? >

What quilt projects are you working on now?

What quilt projects are you working on now?

Old 01-07-2010, 10:00 AM

I just finished a Christmas scrap top and am in the middle of another one. My goal is to have one for each of my 4 children and 5 grandsons for next Christmas. Also, in my "spare" time I am embroidering Christmas blocks in redwork for a Christmas quilt for myself. I have lots in mind for this year and so far am doing pretty well. A red, white and blue strip and a redwork snowman quilt for my DD; a Four Freedoms for my oldest son, a forest green and cream (don't know the name of the pattern) for my middle son and an Irish "greenwork" for my youngest son. Then I'll go to work on a couple that my DH wants. Then there are always the little inbetween things like towels and table runners. It's going to be a busy year!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
This was the hexagon covered pincushion that I made and covered an old pincushion that I bought at a craft show.

I found the pattern online for the basic pincushion but I made hexagons to cover mine.

http://monkeyroom.blogspot.com/2007/01/tutorial.html
Wow! Thanks for sharing the pattern. Some of my sewing buddies will be getting this for Christmas next December.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 AM

My present project is a Garfield quilt for my son. (He is in his 30's) Here are a photos of two of the blocks. I'm finishing up a block of Garfield as Capt'n Jack Sparrow and have two sketches of the last two blocks of this 9 block quilt. It has been lots of fun and takes time as I always have several "irons in the fire" projects. These Garfields are all machine appique.

Garfield as Gene Simmons
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63886[/ATTACH]

Garfield BBQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63887[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-63881.jpe
Views:	28
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	63886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-63882.jpe
Views:	19
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	63887  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

All are very pretty. Such good jobs on all of them. I am working on a quilt for my son now. It is a lickety split tan and dark leaves on dark green backgound.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 AM

I'm putting the binding on a race car and stripe for my guys youngest grandson. I have a monster truck one to finish for my grandson and a flamingo one for my sister which she'll hate cause she can't stand those birds but thats okay. It's why she's getting it. Would post pics but for some reason when i try now it won't let me any more . I was able to post them at one time cause i have pics of a couple i made on here.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 AM

I'm putting together 12 blocks made by 12 members of the Sew'n'Sew Bee into a lap quilt for my sister who is undergoing chemotherapy after surgery for Uterine Cancer. I purchased the "official" Uterine Cancer Teal fabric from Blank Fabrics and gave each member 3 different fat eights. This will be a suprise for my sister, who organized the same Bee to make a Pink wall hanging to help me get through the five separate surgeries, radiation and chemotherapy I had for Breast Cancer. When it is finished and before we present it to her, I will post a photo. The Bee members took a lot of time and care to make lovely blocks (and they ALL measure 12-1/2 inches unfinished!).
Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 AM

grammy Dwynn : I love your hearts with the D9P --I get so many ideas from this board. It's wonderful.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 AM

gonna try and do pics again

race car and stripes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63894[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-63889.jpe
Views:	23
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	63894  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 AM

I am working on a UMS quilt. We have the University of Southern Miss here in Hattiesburg and this is my second one.
All have to do is the binding, my favorite, ha.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 PM

My New Year's resolution is to quilt! I have two teens and am a home school mom so I never have "extra" time. I'm also taking online classes to get my teacher's certification...

Today I am starting a scrap quilt based on the Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day book "Scrap Quilt". My DD's sewing has left lots of wonderful scraps so I'm going to love making a memory quilt of sorts of her 4-H sewing projects.