Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Warm hello from florida >

Warm hello from florida

Warm hello from florida

Old 02-01-2015, 07:45 PM

Default Warm hello from florida

Hi ,my. Name is Lori .I haven't quilted yet. Purchased bernina 560 six months ago,and learning to sew small items.have just joined group day ago,but have been on web site before.i went to my second quilt show,and will be going to vero beach show on valentines day.iI wouldent have never guessed I'd be on way learning to quilt. Here's how it began. I'm a private ( semi. Retired) nurse. I take a lady out for day from assisted living complex.pearlin's always busy quilting,morning to night,useing her cardboard templates.i tryed to find every quilt shop in central fl,to take her to. I would admire the colors in all the quilts we would see. I asked pearlin what did she think of shop,as we left it. She commented ,she was wondering when I was taking her there. (She has dementia,)but you know it was worth the moments she enjoyed.im so blessed,I take something special from each patient,and will alway remember my friend pearlins interest in quilting inspiring me.now if I can just get the nerve to start.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Welcome from Southern California. The best way to start is just find a pattern that you like then look for fabric. Must admit that first cut is hard, but it gets easier after that.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. The YouTube videos done by Jenny Doan for the Missouri Star Quilt co. are a good resource. Start with a table runner or placemat to get the basics down and you will be on your way.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:50 AM

Hello and welcome from Australia.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from the Gulf of Mexico, Corpus Christi, Tx. Small is good like the suggestions you were given. They may not always remember why they're out on those little jaunts by while they're there, they enjoy them. Worth the brightness and joy you see in there eyes. SEnding blessings for the good you do in making her and the rest of them happy.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:50 AM

Welcome from Vermont. Congratulations! You have taken the first step...now start small as others suggest and be prepared for a happy trip.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM

Hi and welcome from NE Ohio.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:33 AM

Hi and Welcome from SWFL! I agree with Tartan. Find Jenny Doan on YouTube and you'll find tons of easy things to do or search under quilting for beginners. Everyone here on this board is friendly so don't be afraid to ask any questions. We've all been there and still are doing that! LOL!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:40 AM

Glad to meet another retired Floridian nurse! I am no longer practicing as an RN/ARNP and I live in east central Florida, along the space coast. Hope you enjoy all your quilting adventures and have a blast!