Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My local Janome dealership is for sale. >

My local Janome dealership is for sale.

My local Janome dealership is for sale.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:08 AM

We've had 2 shops where the owners retired and I hated it both times. The best one closed just a year or so after we moved here, if I had known I would have bought more fabric at good prices before they closed down. The shop owners wanted to have time to actually quilt. Can't blame them for that! The other shop got purchased by new owners and now it's not the same. I rarely go in there anymore. Change is hard!
Old 02-01-2015, 05:08 AM

What is the name of the shop and where is it located?
Old 02-01-2015, 08:00 AM

I feel your pain. The shop where I purchased my 7700 closed six months after I bought it. He did honor the 3 year annual maintenance that he offered but I had to drive a lot farther to do it.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:45 AM

Didn't Janome just get purchased by Singer? Maybe they are going to go the route of selling in retail stores , like Walmart or Joanne's, instead of private businesses.I saw them being sold on one of the shopping channels right along with Singers a few months ago.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:48 AM

It may take a long time to find a buyer, so maybe you will have them for a while yet and will have time to get some alternative plans in place.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
Didn't Janome just get purchased by Singer? Maybe they are going to go the route of selling in retail stores , like Walmart or Joanne's, instead of private businesses.I saw them being sold on one of the shopping channels right along with Singers a few months ago.
I hope not! Janome would become another piece of junk machine.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:24 PM

I did a google search, and cannot for the life of me find out who owns janome...but they did have a segment with singer, and it was a very basic, cheap looking thing on one of the shopping channels...maybe they have not merged or been bought out...but they did have a show selling singer and janome...i fear janome is going the mass produced cheap machine route..if they are, in my opinion,it's a mistake..they had a loyal following.Maybe it's because 1 machine will last a lifetime..or 5 cheapos will...at any rate, it all comes down to money, and honestly...janome is not keeping up with the market...they have great basic machines...but they have to compete with machines that have a zillion stitches, start/stop buttons...newer stitches..better ;lighting....deeper throats..on and on...brother and singer are light years ahead of them...the day is (mostly) gone when a woman buys a machine for straight stitching and years of service...face it...when you ccan go to Walmart and buy a machine that will do 150 stitches and all but sew a thing by itself for less than 200 dollars...why would you "invest" ??? For that kind of money, a machine can burn itself out every few years and you'd still be way ahead...I think in years to come, we are going to see it come down down to 2 choices...brother owned, or singer owned...nobody else can compete price-wise. Opinions...thoughts???????
Old 02-02-2015, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
I did a google search, and cannot for the life of me find out who owns janome...but they did have a segment with singer, and it was a very basic, cheap looking thing on one of the shopping channels...maybe they have not merged or been bought out...but they did have a show selling singer and janome...i fear janome is going the mass produced cheap machine route..if they are, in my opinion,it's a mistake..they had a loyal following.Maybe it's because 1 machine will last a lifetime..or 5 cheapos will...at any rate, it all comes down to money, and honestly...janome is not keeping up with the market...they have great basic machines...but they have to compete with machines that have a zillion stitches, start/stop buttons...newer stitches..better ;lighting....deeper throats..on and on...brother and singer are light years ahead of them...the day is (mostly) gone when a woman buys a machine for straight stitching and years of service...face it...when you ccan go to Walmart and buy a machine that will do 150 stitches and all but sew a thing by itself for less than 200 dollars...why would you "invest" ??? For that kind of money, a machine can burn itself out every few years and you'd still be way ahead...I think in years to come, we are going to see it come down down to 2 choices...brother owned, or singer owned...nobody else can compete price-wise. Opinions...thoughts???????
This depresses me very much I saved for a long time to purchase my Janome 6600 and finally getting to know it only to find out it's being sold I really hope this is a rumor. I done a lot of research before buying my 6600. I do have several machines that I lost interest in once I got my Janome, so at least I have several back up but still would rather have my Janome 6600!
Jeri
Old 02-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=donna13350;7072472]Didn't Janome just get purchased by Singer?

That would be hard to do since Singer doesn't own Singer. The Singer company ceased to be years ago. Singer machines are Singers in name only. The name is owned by an investment holding corp., SVP, along with Viking and Pfaff.

Cari

Janome owns Janome.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:59 PM

And who owns Bernina?