Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Serger help! Janome 1100d >

Serger help! Janome 1100d

Serger help! Janome 1100d

Old 02-06-2015, 03:34 PM

Default Serger help! Janome 1100d

I need serger help, please--my husband surprised me with a floor model Janome 1100d last week (yay for me ) It has been working just fine until yesterday--I have been practicing threading and getting used to stitching on various spare pieces of materials. I was stitching along and it was fine and ... then it wasn't. Stopped looping and threading. Machine was working, needles up and done--just no threads going into or threading into the material and into each other.

At this point, I've re-thread it countless times, watched the DVD over and over--no change.

What am I doing wrong???
Old 02-06-2015, 03:58 PM
anonymous

Make sure to have the presser foot up when threading. Also must be in this order, it makes a difference. Lower Looper, Upper Looper, Right Needle, Left Needle. It is great that you are learning to thread it. Many people pull the thread through, but if it breaks they are at a loss as to what to do. Hope you just need a simple fix.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:01 PM

would this be of help http://craftygemini.com/2014/07/serg...ome-1100d.html you might have missed a step in threading I have a babylock and most sergers you should start threading from right to left hope this video helps
Old 02-06-2015, 04:11 PM

Hi Ladies, thanks for advice--I have watched the crafty gemini and every other youtube I can find and I re-threaded once more summitbay, to no avail. I can't decide if I want to cry or scream.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:26 PM
anonymous

This is the obvious, but I have done it: did you put the presser foot down before serging? Don't despair, take a break and if all else fails call the dealer tomorrow!

Old 02-06-2015, 04:34 PM

Yes presser foot is down--I don't mind the obvious, I feel like it must be something obvious. I just don't know what. I examined the piece of material it stopped working on and, although its a looser weave material, there's no jammed up thread, no breaking--just simply stopped serging. I do need to take a breath or there will be a new serger out in the snow below my window...
Old 02-06-2015, 04:46 PM

I hope it " comes to you" soon. I have the evolve and have had for several years. Last Sat I could not get it to sew correctly, I knew it was "operator" error,. slept on it, got up the next day. still could not figure out what I was not doing. Took it to the dealer. and I was not depressing the lock when I was threading the lower looper, then the upper looper. It was fixed in a minute. I have threaded it before just could not get it correct that day.
best wishes for a better day tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:48 PM

Take a deep breath. Set all your tensions to 4 and try it.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:08 PM

Thanks everyone--I think something is going wrong with the top threading and not the loopers. I'm threading them exactly as it says to in the DVD and in the book but they are loosey goosey. I'll try re-setting the tensions--so far, the lower loopers are not unthreading when I try to test materials--but the top threads are not staying in the thread guides.

Breathe. Dammit, breathe! (lol--trying to maintain my humor)> Thanks, I may need to head to the store tomorrow indeed.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:16 PM
anonymous

Well it is just so maddening when you are ready to sew and the stupid machine does not cooperate, lol! I never want the machine to "win" and get the best of me. I've almost thrown a serger out the window too. Presser foot up when threading so thread is in tesion discs and stays and if not using both needles remove the one not in use. Good-luck! Let us know what the problem turns out to be so we can all learn.