Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Madison, WI; Midland, TX LQSssssss???? >

Madison, WI; Midland, TX LQSssssss????

Madison, WI; Midland, TX LQSssssss????

Old 02-12-2015, 06:53 PM

Wink Madison, WI; Midland, TX LQSssssss????

Hey there ladies, I'm a flight attendant and will be overnighting in Madison tomorrow, Friday and Midland on Saturday night. I like to try to find local quilt shops and was wondering if there are any quilt shops near Madison's Crowne Plaza that I can check out while there. Also, anything in Midland near the Sleep Inn that will be open on a Sunday? Thanks for your assistance.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:37 AM

Not sure where the Crown Plaza is, but Madison quilt store Stitchers Crossing on Mineral Point Road is a great store. Shop there a lot. They also have beautiful yarns.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

Have you tried using Google?? I am amazed on how many quilts stores pop up when I put in a city searching for quilt shops. Have Fun !! You have a very difficult job to perform.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 AM

Yes, i use google all the time; however, it often shows shops that are no longer in business (midland), nor can i tell the quality of the shop. If the hotel shuttles will take me, i hate to waste their time going to a mediocre shop. I prefer being able to walk to them but understandably thats not always possible.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:47 AM

There is an awesome quilt shop outside of Madison, in Sun Prairie. If I lived in Madison, I would pick you up and take you to it. However, I live about 2 1/2 hours away. I didn't know about the one on Mineral Point Road. I will have to check that out next time I am in Madison.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:09 PM

I wish I could tell you there is a quilt shop in the Odessa/Midland area, but my understanding from relatives still living there is that the Midland shop closed. HobbyLobby, which has some lovely quilt fabric is closed on Sunday. There is a JoAnn in Midland at 5311 W. Wadley and one in Odessa at 6351 W. Highway 191. The only quilt shop in the area is in Andrews, about 30 miles from either Odessa or Midland. It amazes me that a metropolitan area with a population approaching 250,000 cannot support a quilt shop! I am a native Odessan transplanted to N. Texas where there are a dozen or more o quilt shops within a 50 mile radius of where I live now. There are some neat things to do in Midland. Try to visit the petroleum museum. It's not a sexy name, but a really interesting museum.
froggyintexas
Old 02-18-2015, 03:32 PM

Thanks sahansen44, my schedule ended up not allowing me to investigate this show but maybe I can in the future. Thanks for this information.

Lorie
Old 02-18-2015, 03:36 PM

Thank you for the quilt shop information and your kind suggestion about picking me up and taking me to it if you lived locally, you're much to kind.