Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Frolfsen
"I see another sort of swap brewing here. 'I have this piece of whatever, who wants to swap for something else'."

I have several UFO's that I'm not interested in finishing. I don't even want to SWAP for anything else - just find someone else who would like to take them and give them a good home!
What have you got?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:34 AM

I need a design wall to help me complete some of these. Standing over them and up on a chair to view them is just getting tedious. Which means, since I'm in a tiny place and am out of walls, that I guess I need to move.

Maybe I'll end up with more space to store my UFOs. :)
Old 01-08-2010, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Oh my....you must be right jeni! Looks like your space is pretty darn small based on your avatar! :lol: :lol:
Old 01-08-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh my....you must be right jeni! Looks like your space is pretty darn small based on your avatar! :lol: :lol:
LOL!!!! That is so funny!!!

Linda
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
LOL!

Some days it feels that way. I was thinking about that this morning, actually, and about how grateful I am that we don't live in the camper... or a car... in this beautiful but COLD local weather.

One day I'd like a quilt room. With lots of cabinet space, a cutting table, maybe even a built in sewing table. But hey - for now, I suppose it's impetus to quit nursing my ADHD ways, hop to it, and finish some of these funny UFOs, right?

I have some rooster blocks just begging to be finished into a top. The big question now is whether to finish off the christmas tree skirt before I put the holiday stuff away, or to pack it and start again next year. :)
Old 01-08-2010, 01:37 PM

The big question now is whether to finish off the christmas tree skirt before I put the holiday stuff away, or to pack it and start again next year. :)[/quote]

Finish it now and count it as your 1st completed UFO; and pull it out already to enjoy :)
Old 01-08-2010, 06:12 PM

Just saw this...all way up to page 9...but I'm definitely in!! Don't think there are enough months in year to finish all my UFO's.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 PM

Just wanted to check in to say that I worked on my January UFO tonight (a set of quilted coasters and a matching hot-pad or tea cosy - depending on how much time I have) for a friend of mine. Her birthday party is this coming weekend, and I don't know if I'll get it done by then, but even if I get it done by the end of January, I can mail a package to her and that would thrill her too! So as of tonight, I have 1 coaster finished of 4.

Should we have special a thread for this Challenge in the pictures forum? We could post "befores" and "afters" of our UFOs for each month of 2010!

Jan

Jan
Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ai731
Just wanted to check in to say that I worked on my January UFO tonight (a set of quilted coasters and a matching hot-pad or tea cosy - depending on how much time I have) for a friend of mine. Her birthday party is this coming weekend, and I don't know if I'll get it done by then, but even if I get it done by the end of January, I can mail a package to her and that would thrill her too! So as of tonight, I have 1 coaster finished of 4.

Should we have special a thread for this Challenge in the pictures forum? We could post "befores" and "afters" of our UFOs for each month of 2010!

Jan

Jan
Sounds like a great idea to me. I started working on 3 items I need to FMQ. Wanted to work tonight, but the 4 grands were here and didn't get a thing done. Oh well they are little only once
Old 01-08-2010, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Frolfsen
"I see another sort of swap brewing here. 'I have this piece of whatever, who wants to swap for something else'."

I have several UFO's that I'm not interested in finishing. I don't even want to SWAP for anything else - just find someone else who would like to take them and give them a good home!
I bet you'd have lots of takers. Just post what the project is and a picture of the fabric and what you've created so far and I bet you'll get plenty of interested people! Also, you can always donate "orphan" blocks to your local guild. They use these to make charity quilts. Just a thought.

I created a word document listing all my UFOs. I've actually completed a fair number of them last year and am down to 79. Yay!