Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You are my quilting guild >

You are my quilting guild

You are my quilting guild

Old 02-22-2015, 07:41 AM

Just found this thread but wanted to comment. I love this website. I have learned so​ much about quilting and life here. I have been "hounded" some ladies here in my town to join their quilt club. I appreciate their wanting me to join them but I am not a "Club" type person. I only quilt when I can and don't want to feel obligated to attend meetings, pay dues, get dressed up to go, etc. I am "tired and retired" and don't have a schedule except for doctor appointments. As others have said, this is my quilt club.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:22 AM

I too love it here. My morning ritual is coffee and plunk down in front of the laptop to browse. Believe me you would all be very afraid if you could see me with hair every which way, night shirt, sometimes wrapped in a blanket if it is cold and a big cup of coffee. I don't often post but enjoy at least an hour every morning visiting. There is always an answer if one needs help with something no matter how silly the question might be. No judgement - that is the best. Being able to see every new work of art being produced by so many different people is amazing. Lots of inspiration, knowledge shared and best of all when you do post a project - positive feedback.

Thanks everyone,
Old 02-22-2015, 09:16 AM

I only quilt when I can and don't want to feel obligated to attend meetings, pay dues, get dressed up to go, etc. I am "tired and retired" and don't have a schedule except for doctor appointments. As others have said, this is my quilt club.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way! With 101,230 "guild" members here(as of today), and no quilt police, no dues, and we are free to help who we want, when we want, and no one gets a vote on our projects, but everyone has a solution if we ask for one, who needs a local guild? Finding something as special as this board, and all the members here is one of the greatest things I have found on the 'net!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:28 AM

I wish I could figure out how to post pictures so I could share, but I have enjoyed every single thing I've seen and heard from you folks!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:43 AM

I love this board. Even though I don't know anyone personally, I feel like I have many friends. Someone is always willing to share their knowledge.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:17 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Atomicdog View Post
I wish I could figure out how to post pictures so I could share, but I have enjoyed every single thing I've seen and heard from you folks!
basic instructions to post pictures to others comments or to your own posts...
click on "reply" or "post new thread", under the box where you type your words, is a button that says "go advanced" click on it and a new window will open, then if you scroll down, you will see a button that says manage attachments, click on it. A new window will open. In the upper left corner is a button that says "chose file" click on it to either "chose a photo you have", or to "take a photo". Now click on the button that says "upload" when it shows an upload in the blank box just below the chose button, close the window, yes, close the window, now you can either type before you upload pictures or after, (but I do not know how to put words in between pictures so that you will have to ask someone else) and click "submit reply". Easy Peasy.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:43 PM

Thanks madamekelly, I am snowed in (for a week now) and would love to have posted some pictures, but since I don't know how, and no grandkids handy, I had to be happy with reading and sharing comments with everyone who posted this week. This is also my quilt guild; I have been invited to join one, but it is an hour's drive away and I don't drive anymore. Plus, the older I get (my birthday is in a couple of days, I'll be 79, I think, 1936 for you who can cypher); the less I am inclined to put myself out there meeting new people and keeping up with the new social mores. I love all I have learned through your conversations and lessons; and I really have learned a lot. My grannie taught me to sew forever ago on a treadle sewing machine; and one of my sisters talked me into taking a quilting class with her which has become the best thing that ever happened to me. Now if I could just get her to join our "guild"....
Old 02-22-2015, 08:27 PM

I didn't think of it that way either, I'm glad to have this place to come too because I'm not really able to get to my guild since its around 24 miles away. And I am not able to attend each time they get together and feel very welcomed when I get online to share what I need help with and share what I have been working on.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:28 AM

Here is a guild card for the Quilting board, some places will honor it.

Thanks to Shadow Dancer for a lovely block (it's a friendship block) and to Quiltmaker101 (Wendy) for writing the copy.

<fieldset class="postcontent" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; line-height: 20px;"><legend style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;"> Attached Images</legend></fieldset>

Last edited by Up North; 02-23-2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:56 AM

This is the best support system around. No matter what question or commit it seems that most have such positive suggestions. We have such a great group here and I feel we have quilting friends from all over the world. What guild can offer that. Hugs to all.