Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where to find a sewing table? >

Where to find a sewing table?

Where to find a sewing table?

Old 02-23-2015, 06:03 AM

First start with a rubber shelf liner under your machine then start looking at a thrift store. Bought one about 10 years ago nice wood front has door that opens and has space handy for thread and other things I may need ,machine goes down with room for foot pedal which I like to pick up when not in use. It cost me about $10. Real wood not press board.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by thart795 View Post
I have been needing a sewing table for a while. One that the machine sets down into. My machine slides all around when I quilt and I need to stabilize it.

Any suggestions where to buy one from? Or where to find plans to build one?
I have a piece from Ikea and also bought the cubes with it - it works out real well.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbaby12 View Post
I have a piece from Ikea and also bought the cubes with it - it works out real well.
I guess I'm very lucky. I told my DH what I wanted and in a few days he had built it. Mine is farm table size. He cut the opening for my machine and a piece I can drop in when I take my machine out. When not using for sewing I can use as a table. He also cut down an old chest of drawers that slides under one end of the table for storage. This gives me a great area to work. Cost about $100 - $200.

Last edited by Retired Quilter; 02-23-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:40 AM

I think the best tables on the market are the sew perfect tables. They fit every machine on the market, very stable, height adjustable and very affordable. I have two and they are wonderful. you can find them on line
Old 02-23-2015, 09:35 AM

I don't have a Sew Perfect table - but can guarantee if I were in the market that is what I would be looking at.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:09 AM

I bought a Sew Ezi at a quilt show several years ago. It was a demo and I paid about $200 for it at the end of the show because the dealer did not want to haul it back to CA. I have inserts for both of my Berninas and my Featherweight. It's also nice to know that by ordering inserts I can adapt it to any machine I might purchase in the future. It is portable but sturdy and fits perfectly into my space.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:29 AM

I've had the SewEZ table for years. I also purchased the Sauder table from Walmart. It comes in white and wood grain. Not bad for the money. It fits all my needs and space availability.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:40 AM

Check your local sewing machine shop for a floor model. I got an Arrow Olivia table that is gorgeous AND functional set in table. I saved A LOT by getting the floor model. $425 versus $640...

Another option is Craigs list, but I've never seen anything that looks like furnuture there.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:40 AM
Vat

They are a little pricey but be sure to check out Martelli Enterprises Inc.
www.martellinotions.com their products are wonderful.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:21 AM

I would start with a dealer of your brand sewing machine. They will have, or can get, a table that will fit your machine with no inserts. I purchased a table with my Janome and love it. It has a ruler printed right on the table top (may not be 100% accurate, but works for basic things)! My machine sets in perfectly with no gaps. I can't see a name on it without standing on my head underneath, so can't help you there....but am sure your dealer will have something comparable. I think I spent around $125.