Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 02-19-2015, 08:26 AM

I remove all the stabilizer once I'm done with the satin stitching. Mine is quite stiff, can't even imagine leave it. I think that part is quite fun - removing all the "pieces" from the back. Funny though -I don't like that part of the paper piecing blocks . . .
Old 02-19-2015, 12:27 PM

Even between the stitching? For example, on the inside of the petals or hearts?
Old 02-19-2015, 12:38 PM

I realize I spoke wrong - I do all the satin and embroidery accent stitching - Then remove all the stabilizer.

I remove every bit I can - which means everything except what is beneath the stitches. With the satin stitch, it perforates it rather nicely so it tears away real easy. I sometimes make a game of it- remove the excess on the outside, then remove all the hearts, the petals, then centers - OK - so maybe I need a life! I'll use my seam ripper to get into the tight corners. The embroidery accent stitching does not always perf it as well, so that takes a bit more care to pull the paper away from.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:03 AM

Thanks for the clarification Macy, I had been wondering if I would be able to quilt it with the added thickness of heat and bond light plus all the stabilizer.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:46 PM

So ladies and gentlemen, how would you feel about another challenge this up and coming weekend?

I was thinking "Complete the hand embroidery on the block of your choice." The challenge will start on 12:01 AM Friday, Feb 27 and end at 11:59 PM Sunday, March 1
Old 02-22-2015, 01:52 PM
dd

Ok, we can try that. Anyone finish the last challenge? I'm working on it. I'm doing the embroidery now. This is a buy week, isn't it? There is no block starting this week, is there?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
Ok, we can try that. Anyone finish the last challenge? I'm working on it. I'm doing the embroidery now. This is a buy week, isn't it? There is no block starting this week, is there?
I was able to cut and fuse the challenge block from last weekend, and I think it was Macy that got hers all cut out as well. I have not heard if anyone else was able to complete it, but the goal was to mix things up a bit and keep it exciting and I think we succeeded.

There is no new block this week, this is a catch up week! I'm really hoping to use it to catch up, as I am a little bit behind.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:21 PM

I'm a lot behind! but that is OK, I'm still plugging along!

Last week I decided to go ahead and cut and fuse all of the blocks I'm going to machine embroider. Have not gotten to stitching any of them yet.

I got the pieces cut out for the challenge block and have the base, hearts and three of the four outside petal groups stitched on. I set up a small sewing station in the den so I can stitch while sitting with DH in the evenings. He's happier to have me sitting there, and maybe I'll get a bit more done. Usually he's in the den on the computer and I'm upstairs with my sewing machine.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:38 PM
dd

Block #29 - Finished!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Affairs of the Heart #29.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	511350  
Old 02-23-2015, 04:02 PM

I love that dd!....I am behind and likely be unable to do anything for a few weeks due to renovations to the house. Have to move out for a while so limited in what I can take with me. Alot of catch up to do!