Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Psychedelic 4 Patch Paisley lost in a fire >

Psychedelic 4 Patch Paisley lost in a fire

Psychedelic 4 Patch Paisley lost in a fire

Old 02-25-2015, 06:06 AM

Default Psychedelic 4 Patch Paisley lost in a fire

I had given http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...y-t259649.html to my DGD when she made a surprise trip to Michigan from Kentucky last month. I thought that I would have to ship it to her. Her father (my DS in MI) called the other night to let me know that her mother's house (Kentucky) had burned. No one was there at the time, so the only things that were lost were things. They were able to go yesterday to see what was salvageable. She kept the quilt displayed on her Papasan chair. The quilt is gone. She wants me to replace it. I bought the fabric 1 1/2 years ago. I searched online and found it on eBay. I needed 4 1/2 yards of the paisley. They had 7 yards. I bought it last night. I still have enough pink, JAF still has the turquoise. The only fabric that will be different will be the yellow. I looked at my notes last night. OMG! Finally figured out how much of each fabric that I needed. Usually, I have pretty good notes, that one, not so much. A whole lot of hen scratching. So, I will be making an exact duplicate of a quilt. Never done that before.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

So glad to hear that they just lost 'stuff' and everyone is safe. Even so, things do have sentimental value and it's hard to lose some of them. Happy to hear you will be able to replace one of them. Sounds like it was cherished.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:36 AM

Wonderful of you to duplicate the quilt for her. Sorry for the fire but happy no one was hurt or worse!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

So sorry of their lost. I have made duplicate of quilts before. Not difficult but the fun of making something new just isn't there.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:42 AM

She will be so pleased to have a duplicate of what she lost. I imagine that won't be possible with most of the losses.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

The quilt will be big comfort to her. My DD and DGD lost a lot of their things due to theft. The goons took or ruined everything with knives cuts, stomping, and smashing. Horrible. They are still not over the trauma of loss. Witnesses have told who it was that entered the house but police said no proof! Said just contact insurance company and get a lawyer. I doubt I buy a Policeman's Ball ticket ever again.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:48 AM

I made a quilt for my sister about 7 years ago that she just loved, it was the very first bed quilt I had made for her and her husband. They were at the doctors when they got the call that their house was on fire. I knew how much she loved that quilt (it was a Thimble berry design) I purchased all the fabric to duplicate it but it just made her sob, so I never made that one but made her a log cabin instead. I think I will duplicate that quilt for her birthday this year hopefully she'll be ready for it. As with my sister I am glad that what your family lost was stuff and that they are fine.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:49 AM

So glad you kept notes and were able to find the paisley fabric! I know she will love the 2nd one even more. Very glad that no one was hurt.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:58 AM

Sorry for the loss of the quilt. You're so lucky to have found all the fabrics again. I remade an alphabet animal quilt for my DGS after it was lost in a hurricane. I still had the animal appliques and I was able to take what I had learned in making the first quilt to make the second one better.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Good thing no one was hurt and that you have found the fabric to make another quilt. I think I would wipe away a few tears on the loss of that great quilt though.