Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nolting long arm >

Nolting long arm

Nolting long arm

Old 02-08-2015, 05:32 AM

I do not have a Nolting that cost as much as a car. I have the Nolting Fun Quilter with the 20 inch base and it is so wonderful. I use it almost everyday and, after 3 years, I have yet to have any problem, large or small. I often help a friend in another city catch up on her quilting and she has a Gammill and I find that it has constant tension problems even though it s only 2 years old. Quilting machines are one item that cost really does not reflect quality. I do mostly customized free motion quilting but a quilter nearby has the computer system on her Nolting and she also is extremely satisfied
Old 02-08-2015, 06:00 AM

I have a Babylock Jewel with the computer component for sale and I work on a Gammill Optimum Plus. I think that most longarms are basically the same as in function. They only differ in the bells and whistles that you add.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:03 AM

I used to live near the Nolting factory, and i know a number of folks with their machines. They were a great help when I was trying to decide between a long arm and a sit down, and I have bought a lot of supplies from them. I never found them to be high priced, at least not as compared to Gammill and HPQS. They are high quality professional workhorses without a lot of external frills.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:31 PM

Is there a place to see pricing on these (nolting 30 model) and if youhave a used one do they need much servicing ?