• Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >
  • Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

• Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 03-01-2015, 09:27 AM

Ok it is a go everyone.
    Old 03-01-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2
    Ok it is a go everyone.
    Yea!!!! I have all of my fabric all cut and ready to mail tomorrow. Just waiting for the mailman to open up his office.
    Old 03-01-2015, 09:54 AM

Here is my practice block for the Louisiana Block from QuiltersCache

http://www.quilterscache.com/L/LouisianaBlock.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512034[/ATTACH]

It really is square (lump from a fold line) but I will lose a couple outer points when I put it into a top because I didn't use a small enough seam somewhere and it was late when I made it.

This will require a very very scant 1/4" seam to avoid ripping it out (ask me how I know). It is a really easy block but doesn't allow for any large seams.

I am sending the background White on White (along with directions and special requests) fabric. I'd love to have 2 shades of the same color used with my white....red/pink, green/light green, blue/light blue, purple/lavender etc etc etc.

My lighter shade is almost too light so you might have to watch out for that trap (I jumped in with both feet).

Hope this helps everyone "see" my block idea.

Got mine ready to mail tomorrow too.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PRACTICE LOUISANA BLOCK.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	512034  
    Old 03-01-2015, 11:41 AM

Hike addict after reading your post I tried to make the block I had picked and a fat 1/8 th wasn't large enough. Unfortunately I didn't have any more of the fabric. Had to change my mind again and go buy more background fabric to go with my focus fabric. The background fabric I will be sending will be cut in three pieces because the fat 1/8 wasn't big enough. Each strip is larger then needed and I will mark the size of the strip. Hope this doesn't cause any confusion. Will be sending all the fabric needed for the block
    Old 03-01-2015, 01:02 PM

Oh terriamn that makes me so happy that I shared! I'm glad that you were able to avert a headache for yourself as well!

Also- my 1/4 inch guide foot came in the mail today. I have never spent a more worthwhile $10!! I can get a perfect 1/4 inch seam OR if I move my needle over a hair, I get a lovely scant 1/4 inch. I wasn't going to get one at first because I saw on all these websites that the tape method is just as good- well if the websites said it was good enough I wasn't gonna be noob enough to buy one. I am so glad I was noob enough to buy one! Haha. You ladies should get much nicer blocks because of it, so yay!

And lastly - @ moonwork- I tried to PM you this, but it wouldn't let me attach the photo. I know part of the fun here is picking fabric for everyone else, but I have a HUGE plethora of shades of green/teal sitting on my sewing (dining room) table staring me in the face. I'm posting a pic- tell me if any combo of these colors catch your fancy. Do let me know if you don't care for them- I won't have hurt feelings

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512064[/ATTACH]

Name:	20150301_141431.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	512064  
    Old 03-01-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Hikeaddict
    Oh terriamn that makes me so happy that I shared! I'm glad that you were able to avert a headache for yourself as well!

Also- my 1/4 inch guide foot came in the mail today. I have never spent a more worthwhile $10!! I can get a perfect 1/4 inch seam OR if I move my needle over a hair, I get a lovely scant 1/4 inch. I wasn't going to get one at first because I saw on all these websites that the tape method is just as good- well if the websites said it was good enough I wasn't gonna be noob enough to buy one. I am so glad I was noob enough to buy one! Haha. You ladies should get much nicer blocks because of it, so yay!

And lastly - @ moonwork- I tried to PM you this, but it wouldn't let me attach the photo. I know part of the fun here is picking fabric for everyone else, but I have a HUGE plethora of shades of green/teal sitting on my sewing (dining room) table staring me in the face. I'm posting a pic- tell me if any combo of these colors catch your fancy. Do let me know if you don't care for them- I won't have hurt feelings

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512064[/ATTACH]

Squeals in delight... these are all so wonderful! After my experience, I think the darkest one and then either the 2nd or 3rd one would be great. I'd suggest steering away from the 4th and very last one maybe. You do have a plethora of shades ( I love where that word came into use from....)
    Old 03-01-2015, 01:36 PM

Ok everyone since this is my first I just want to go over everything so I know that I have it correct
    -all fabric washed, ironed, cut into 1/8 and placed into individual bags with my name and sign on placed on bag.
    -pattern web site and special directions as far as other colors to use and placement placed on note also placed inbag
    -special treat for the ladies as they sew (this is my thing) lol
    -all little bags placed in priority mail envelope along with return envelope with correct postage.
    -addressed and sent to urgodschild and waiting for return envelop with all blocks to be sewn

ok did I forget anything, I hope to mail out Monday but might be Tuesday, right now Jersey is having ANOTHER round of snow and ice to continue till sometime tomorrow.

Please let me know if there is something else I need to do, thanks.
    Teri Lynn
    Old 03-01-2015, 03:01 PM

I have quite a few teal fabrics also if you need more. My oldest granddaughter had a teal prom dress and when I asked if she wanted a quilt for college she was thrilled and wanted it the colors of her dress. Just finished it last week and it's with the quilter now. This is the top on one of the retreat beds

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512075[/ATTACH]

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	512075  
    Old 03-01-2015, 06:32 PM

Here is my sample block. Each of you will have a paint chip of the colors I would like.
    Old 03-01-2015, 10:21 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    Ok, My daughter has bought my tickets to visit them in Australia and I leave here on June 15th. So here is what we all need to vote on. We can have the blocks all mailed to me on June 1st so that I get them and then can get yours back to you. OR we can postpone the date to July 15 that you mail to me. I return to the states on July 15 so if all of you decided to mail on that day then I would be home to receive all of them. So let me know do we have this end on June 1st or July 15th.

Now on to other things:
    Happylab: I have visions of you sitting outside the P.O. saying "open, open, open"
    Moonwork...I like yours. I can do a scant 1/4. do you want light colors and small print on print or tone on tone.
    TPr9258 - Yes you have everything covered.
    Nelco - YOur block makes me think of lightning.
    Who ever wants teal/aqua etc. I have lots of that fabric too.
    You all will probably get more fabric then you need to make mine and I want you to know that I don't need any extra sent back to me. So remember if you do want the extra's sent back on your fabric, just let everyone know.

Barb