Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one who hates their machine threader? >

Am I the only one who hates their machine threader?

Am I the only one who hates their machine threader?

Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

I have a cheapy Brother XR-52 mechanical and I use the needle threader all the time. It doesn't seem to be fussy about needle or thread type.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

and here i thought i was the only one who didnt like the threader because it just takes so much longer. When i initially bought my machine I tried and tried to use it to see if it got easier but eventually i just gave up and thread it myself as is so much quicker.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM

i have janome machines and use mine all the time and love it, it hardly ever fails to work.
donna
Old 01-08-2010, 08:56 PM

I have the Brother project Runway machine. My threader works well most of the time. I try it 3 times, then thread myself. It's always me loading the thread wrong into the little hook.

I'd love for it to work 100% - I don't see so well anymore.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

On both of mine, the needle has to be all of the way up.
Then I hold the thread loosely in my fingers and hold it to the side of the needle and just slightly behind it, and then I lightly flip the lever and it works everytime :wink: If I slowly move the lever it never works. I think there is a sweet spot as to where to hold the thread on most of them.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

When I move the thread across the needle, I make sure that it goes underneath that little wire and then pull up on it :wink:
Old 01-09-2010, 05:28 AM

I have a Brother QC1000 and I love love love my needle threader. I also like the thread cutter. and all the other little do- dads on it. The needle does have to be in the highest positon but that is the only thing I have to make sure of
Old 01-09-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
I may be in the minority here.. but I love mine. I have a Pfaff and it works like a charm. But, you do have to have the needle in the highest position. Plus I had to read the instructions again and again till I finally remembered how to do it! LOL
Me, too! Love mine. As a matter of fact, on the longarm, I don't have the auto threader and think it's the only thing missing from an otherwise awesome machine! I really miss it. But, I do have to say that I had to sort of get used to it, and now I'll never have another regular machine without one...especially as my eyes are aging faster than the rest of me! LOL!

Debbie in Austin
Old 01-09-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
I may be in the minority here.. but I love mine. I have a Pfaff and it works like a charm. But, you do have to have the needle in the highest position. Plus I had to read the instructions again and again till I finally remembered how to do it! LOL
I have a Pfaff also and love my threader. My Brother threader is picky. I had a dealer tell me that they don't thread needles smaller that a 12. My Pfaff will thread anything and it's older than the Brother.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 AM

my needle threader worked great on my Bernina until the PLASTIC piece you use to pull it down broke off.