Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Queen Quilter 18 Long Arm Price >

Queen Quilter 18 Long Arm Price

Queen Quilter 18 Long Arm Price

Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM

Liz,
I wouldn't buy anything from sewingmachinesplus.com. I'm saying this because I did. Once you buy, you will never get any technical service or help. There is a dealer in Texas who is comparable in price and from her ad, gives a 3-day retreat where she will teach you how to use the machine. The queen quilter 18 is a good machine. The store (sewingmachinesplus.com) is not. You should go to their blog site and see all the bad reviews. Mine is included.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:04 PM

What is the interest rate on that? I got an interest free loan on my Baby Lock Crown Jewel. That can make a huge difference. I also agree about the dealer and classes.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by lizpatterson1 View Post
Good morning, I was wondering if this is a good deal.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/queen-quilter-18.php

Queen Quilter 18 Long Arm Quilting Machine w/ Stitch Regulator & Wood Frame Pay as low as $125/month

Thanks.
When this thread originated, I too thought owning a Longarm was only a dream, but now it is a reality. This past Spring my DH bought me a Tin Lizzie 18DLS and I love her. This is over a year since you first posted...did you get your setup?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:03 AM

Whatever you do, do not buy from this company. I know from experience. I bought my Queen Quilter from them. My DH was told that they would come out and set up and give lessons. HA! My husband tried calling and calling no help. Tin Lizzie won't even help. I finally had to pay to take it to a Tin Lizzie dealer to fix the encoders. SewingMachinePlus is a joke.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 AM

Why don't you Google "problems with the Tin Lizzie quilting machine" and see what you get. I traded in my TL in Sept because, though it was only 2 years old, it had never worked right and the company would not respond to me or my dealers (my dealers were wonderful, but got nowhere). I think that TL is trying to repair a very tainted image but check up on them and make sure. As of 5 months ago, I could get only one company to accept my TL sl as a trade in. Lucky for me, that company was 2nd on my list of favorites. But for a $12,000 investment (I had the Shirley stitcher) I got $,1,800.

Originally Posted by sbryant1955 View Post
Whatever you do, do not buy from this company. I know from experience. I bought my Queen Quilter from them. My DH was told that they would come out and set up and give lessons. HA! My husband tried calling and calling no help. Tin Lizzie won't even help. I finally had to pay to take it to a Tin Lizzie dealer to fix the encoders. SewingMachinePlus is a joke.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie 18LS with Quilt Magician robotics and have never had a problem, other than learning how to use it. Lol

Everyone has their own experience. Some good, some bad. Also, join the TinLizzie yahoo group. Tons of help there.

Originally Posted by topstitch View Post
Why don't you Google "problems with the Tin Lizzie quilting machine" and see what you get. I traded in my TL in Sept because, though it was only 2 years old, it had never worked right and the company would not respond to me or my dealers (my dealers were wonderful, but got nowhere). I think that TL is trying to repair a very tainted image but check up on them and make sure. As of 5 months ago, I could get only one company to accept my TL sl as a trade in. Lucky for me, that company was 2nd on my list of favorites. But for a $12,000 investment (I had the Shirley stitcher) I got $,1,800.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 AM

I have a similar setup and paid a few thousand over the price your product is advertised for.
I haven't got my money back on it yet and its been over 4 years. I bought because I wanted it and could afford it. So let that be your guide. If you can afford $150 a month for how many years and you want to quilt, then buy it. Just make sure you won't resent those payments in a few years.
MaryKatherine
Old 03-10-2015, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by kathymarie View Post
I've been "looking" at the sit-down model of the Queen Quilter 18....and salivating...how many of you guys have one of these....I've hand-quilted for over 30 years and have just started fmq....I love the Leah Day videos in her 365 Days of FMQ blog....I think moving the quilt is easier for me than moving the machine. Any thoughts?
I have a friend who quilts on a sit down model yet she brings me her larger (60+") quilt tops to quilt for her on my standard queen quilter. She says she gets a lot of puckers, lumps and bumps in her backings.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:27 PM

Question Can I use my machine with a frame?

Originally Posted by lizpatterson1 View Post
Good morning, I was wondering if this is a good deal.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/queen-quilter-18.php

Queen Quilter 18 Long Arm Quilting Machine w/ Stitch Regulator & Wood Frame Pay as low as $125/month

Thanks.
I have the Queen Quilter 18 Long arm "sit down model" - can I convert that to a frame and use it as a long arm mobile?
Old 08-19-2020, 05:47 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by tlpacelli View Post
I have the Queen Quilter 18 Long arm "sit down model" - can I convert that to a frame and use it as a long arm mobile?
You will have to contact the manufacturer