Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I Spy Swap With Girl Theme Twist >

I Spy Swap With Girl Theme Twist

I Spy Swap With Girl Theme Twist

Old 03-13-2015, 06:44 AM

Sandra, Hope you will reconsider being a hostess when you are 100% recovered. Please don't punish all of us because of one. Maybe you could just ban the unhappy one from future swaps and give a negative feedback. I for one forget to say thank you often enough.....sorry. So just let me say THANK YOU and please come back.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:25 AM

Thank you dottie dodge I will reconsider after I finish up with this swap . Some people are just plain mean and it shouldn't be that way. A lot goes into doing these swaps and I am doing my best.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:42 PM

I am so sorry someone was rude and not understanding. This is my first swap and I get them when I get them.... It truly isn't a big deal when they arrive. Not one asks to be sick. I had the bug for five weeks and I can't imagine during that time having the energy to sort fabric squares. Please know you are appreciated and I hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:46 PM

Wow I'm surprised someone sent a rude pm. I sincerely hope you took my (public) message as it was meant - NOT to criticize or hurry you, just selfishly wanting information, and also wanting to know that you are OK and at home. I don't know if you have the same "crud" I had or something different, but it really did knock me off my feet for awhile. I am excited to continue "spying", but can certainly work on something else for awhile. I, too, appreciate you!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:29 PM

Sandra, I am so sorry someone was so rude to you. I sincerely hope you will reconsider being a hostess when you are 100% recovered. Please don't punish all of us because of one bad apple. THANK YOU for all the swaps you have hosted, there is NO way I could have collected enough squares to finish my big I spy and I am making several small ones. Please let me know if you decide not to, I have several sets of blocks I was planning to send you with the next swap (which are already cut, bagged and waiting!) to make a few for your "kids", and I will send those on to you whether or not the swap happens, as well as something for you.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:35 PM

I am so sorry someone was rude! Take as much time as you need and know that most of us really, really appreciate what you do and we care much more about you being healthy than getting fabric on any sort of timeline.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:42 AM

So sorry you have been so ill - and I can surely relate - had my share over this past year. And even more sorry that someone was so rude and mean to someone who has given so much to these swaps - can't believe someone was in such a hurry that an additional week or 2 would make such a difference.

Please get well soon - spring is on its way!

Rena
Old 03-14-2015, 05:01 PM

I can't believe someone could be so cruel to do that to you. If they do not want to take the chance that something may happen and that they won't get their stuff on time-then I don't think that they should participate if it is that big of a deal . If they can't accept the fact that you are human and things happen then there is something really wrong with them. There are alot of really nasty illnesses going around this winter that if you don't take care of them-they get really bad really fast. I hope you will reconsider when you are feeling better. I love this swap and I think you do a great job owlvamp. I think that sometimes people don't realize how much time goes into these things-and you volunteer to do it out of the goodness of your heart. I hope you get feeling better soon and that you will reconsider.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:11 AM

Thank you all. I was very sick over the week end and headed to the doctors this morning. I am a little better but not all the way yet. I finished my meds and obviously need another round to knock this out of me. I will keep you updated for my head has been dizzy and it's really hard to stay sitting up for a length of time. SO i was not able to get to the swap yet. I am really sorry but just wanted you all to know.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:07 PM

Owlvamp~Hope you are feeling better!! Sending wishes of rest and relaxation your way! Please let us know how you are doing. I think most of us are more concerned about you than the fabric swap! The fabric will come when it comes.
Rest up so that you can get out and enjoy SPRING!! Thank you for hosting the swaps. I know a lot of work and time goes into it. I know that I greatly enjoy the envelope when it comes and love to spread all the charms across my floor inspecting each one! That being said, I totally understand if you decide not to host again! Thanks again for your work. I have greatly enjoyed all of the swaps that I have been a part of.

Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
Thank you all. I was very sick over the week end and headed to the doctors this morning. I am a little better but not all the way yet. I finished my meds and obviously need another round to knock this out of me. I will keep you updated for my head has been dizzy and it's really hard to stay sitting up for a length of time. SO i was not able to get to the swap yet. I am really sorry but just wanted you all to know.