Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
How do you organize your presser feet >

How do you organize your presser feet

How do you organize your presser feet

Old 03-23-2015, 11:11 AM

I love your idea! I plan on trying it since I have several feet and different machines I can have a pill box for each machine! All I need to do is count how many feet for each machine and then decide what style box will work the best.
Thank you for the great idea to get more organized!

Originally Posted by marilynr View Post
I keep mine in a pill container that has 14 days of the week & each little space has a snap up lid.
I have marked the lid with the initial of the presser foot on the lid.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 PM

You can store them in a egg carton ? Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:14 PM

I store my feet in a case made for embroidery floss. Each foot has it own section. There are plastic dividers that can be moved to accommodate larger feet.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:56 PM

I have the large plastic bead box. Then made labels with my label maker for each foot. This saves me from having to look in each one to find the one I want.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:02 AM

I purchased the Alex drawer unit from Ikea a few years ago. It sits right next to my machine and doubles as support for quilting large quilts. My presser feet are in the top drawer in compartments from a broken fishing tackle box (which was my first attempt at organizing my feet/tools). It is a little shorter than my machine table but works for me. I keep everything I need for my machine in that one unit, right at my finger tips. Zippers, buttons, elastic, tools...you name it; if it belongs to my machines, its in that drawer unit along with other sewing notions. The bottom three drawers hold threads/embroidery threads nicely. It will even hold serger threads turned on their sides. I think I paid 100 bucks for it and is worth its weight in gold (imho).
Old 03-24-2015, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

My Bernina and Babylock provided special plastic containers. Depending on how many feet, size, etc a plastic lure box (similar to those in craft sections for beads etc) might be a good choice. I think they are. Bit bigger
Old 03-24-2015, 09:38 AM

Count me in as another non-fisherwoman who shops in the fishing section at Wal-Mart. I bought some adorable little tackle boxes with movable dividers to hold my presser feet. Sometimes you have to sacrifice two sections to hold the bigger ones (like the walking foot).
Old 03-24-2015, 10:17 AM

I have one of those fishing tackle boxes. I have two sewing machines that I use most of the time. One side holds the feet etc for my Brother and the other side has my Singer stuff in it. Stuck a label on each side to remind me which machine parts are which. See pics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514677[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514678[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1135.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	514677   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1136.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	455.1 KB
ID:	514678  
Old 03-24-2015, 12:12 PM

I have a zippered bag, which holds pages that open like a book. Each page holds 6 clear vinyl zippered pockets. Additional pages can be inserted, like a book, held in by velcro. When you open the bag, there are 12 pockets visible at once. Each pocket holds a foot with a small cloth sample, showing what that foot does. (Making it easy when you want a particular technique, immediately I can see which foot does what I want it to do). I keep it right next to my machine for quick foot change, opens easily, and shows me what that foot does. It opens and lays flat or you can hang it by the handle on a wall hook. I also have additional velcro'd pages in there for the feet from another machine I use a lot. I tried changing to a plastic box with compartments but I changed back to the zippered clear vinyl pockets, because there was space enough to include the technique sample with the foot.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:21 PM

I agree about the Bernina box. I couldn't get the feet to stay put in the box. I have a plastic box that used to be a candle sampler box when I was selling candles. It has divided areas and everything fits in nicely.
I thought that I was the only one who could not figure out how to keep all of the feet inside that cute little box----and I only have one extra foot since my machine is new and I still need lessons to operate it.
(I couldn't use cookie sheets because mine are somewhat greasy from so many cookies. I do wash the cookie sheets but they really don't come CLEAN enough to work around fabric).