White Rotary 40 Bucks

Old 03-27-2015, 11:52 AM

I sure understand that.

Joe
Old 03-28-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by DresiArnaz View Post
I chickened out! It went up and down wheel turned but motor was loose, the little rubber thing that turns the wheel was squared off and no bobbin

Feeling like I might have missed out

Did I miss out?
Don't worry. There will be others. Count on replacing the drive wheel on any friction drive machine you buy. Every example I've bought has had hard dry wheels with flat spots. Sew-Classic.com and Ebay sellers carry replacements in a variety of sizes. I'm not a White expert. I don't know all the variations of the models, decal patterns, etc. I do know in general they are nearly as common as Singers.
Unless your budget is tight like mine, or the price is crazy, don't worry too much about the cost of a machine. Ask yourself instead: "Will I be kicking myself if I let this one get away?" Some machines are very common and it's just a matter of waiting for the right one. Others you may only see once a year or less. It's a matter of educating yourself as to which is which.
Rodney
Old 03-28-2015, 12:02 PM

I have a White Rotary a crinkle green. Rewired it but cant get the stitch regulator to work.. Stitches are way to small.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:21 PM

It was alright and parts are still available. Whites are getting more popular and sew well. Their low price had made them available to more new sewers and new collectors, but that seems to be changing and the price is steadily going up.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:57 AM

"<snip> Their low price had made them available to more new sewers and new collectors, but that seems to be changing and the price is steadily going up."

Ain't that the truth. And there's still several White's I want for my collection.

Joe
Old 03-29-2015, 08:50 AM

I'm pretty good on the Family Rotaries. I wouldn't mind getting my grubby fingers on an embossed one though. There are still a couple other designs I want from the Deco era too.
I still haven't found my cord for the camera to upload pictures. I just picked up one of the streamlined White made Kenmores this weekend. It was a $10 thrift store find and has issues. One more to cross off the "Want" list.
Rodney