Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it justified? >

Is it justified?

Is it justified?

Old 01-10-2010, 10:10 AM
JJs
Banned

to answer the question about the Bailey I have - I love it!
there is a learning curve - as with anything, but nothing overwhelming
I did watch 'generic' videos on you-tube and those helped..
and I did practice stuff...
I do not have a stitch regulator of any kind - some women insist they need one, I don't
Old 01-10-2010, 10:10 AM

There are 2 shirley stitchers. The shirley stitcher II is for the tin lizzie 18.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 AM

Oh great... that was the only thing that I was questioning. I don't know that I would ever get one but I don't want to buy a machine that was limited in options if I did want to.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:16 AM

I just remembered that my Discover card has 0% interest on all purchases until January 31st. I stopped using the card a year ago because I was peeved with them. I have had it for many, many years and didn't use it much. I then signed up for the 5% cash back categories that change every quarter and started using it. One quarter would be 5% back on gas, one would be groceries, etc. I only used it for those things and always paid it off.

Last December I bought new tires and a new mattress set so that was a couple thousand dollars. I paid $800 of it before the statement even came out. I then got a letter that they were raising my interest rate to 14%. Are you kidding me? I start using their card so they raise it?? I wrote them and said they had the right to raise the rate and I had the right to not use their card. I have several others that want my business. I paid off the card and didn't use it again.

Anyway, I called to activate a replacement card and had to talk to someone. The man I spoke to asked what it would take to use their card. He gave me 0% for January purchases. I said that didn't matter much. He then said that he could lower the interest rate. I said I would consider using it then.

I can use my Discover card and pay it off now or wait until I get my bonus and not incur any interest. :-D
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Banned

this would be an easy decision for me.

test drive it and if you like the feel buy it don't wait until you decide to retire to make a purchase.

the machine will pay for its self in the long term and the longer you can have it and use it the cost per quilt goes down.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Since you have the money right out now to spend, so go ahead and buy it. The market is not good now, so you're better off with something to have to show for your money.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:55 PM

I spoke to the local (kind of) shop and I wasn't impressed. He was telling me to get the 18LS instead of the 18. He also quoted me $2k more than what all other places are selling the 18 for online. He said that I wouldn't like it, that I would want to upgrade to the LS. He doesn't have the 18 in stock either. I just felt like he wanted to sell a certain model (that he has) rather than what I was asking him for.

The difference between the 18 and the 18LS is the Lizzy Stitch. It stops stitching when you stop moving, starts when you start moving.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:29 PM

I had almost $2000 saved for the quilting machine I wanted as my husband said saving would get me the machine, then unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control that money had to be spent on other things - now I have no job (by choice!) and I have not quilting machine nor a way to save money for one... GO BUY IT NOW!!! :)
Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 PM

I don't think you would miss the Lizzie Stitch. I haven't missed it at all. The guy just wants to sell you a more expensive machine. When I was looking I mainly wanted a stitch regulator and a machine that had a computerized capability. The Lizzie had the most for the money and I have no regrets. It is a good sturdy machine I don't think it is worth $2000 more just for the Lizzie stitch.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:41 PM

I have had the checkout page up almost all day, thinking and thinking about clicking that SUBMIT button.

I did it. :-o