Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-27-2015, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Ms. Grace those are the cutest toys! Mind I ask where did you find the ITH pattern? It's adorable!

Sophie2, love the vest and the embroidery up on the right of the photo! Awesome! I should do the same since I go fishing lots with my fiancée. lol!
Sure,
I bought the pattern from ggdesignsembroidery.com
Old 03-30-2015, 10:08 AM

Ms. Gracie THANK YOU!!
Old 04-06-2015, 03:57 AM

this thread is sure getting long lol
I`m real interested in the edge to edge quilting designs by Amelie scott designs that Julieau9967 talked about
The smallest design is 5.5 by 9.5 to big for my hoop although I do have janome 1100 se with the ma hoop
would my digitizer jr tell me how to split the design.
Thanks Gale
Old 04-06-2015, 02:28 PM

I have had a Brother, two singers and now I have the Babylock Ellisimo one love it. The singer future was a great machine also. I like to do a lot of the in the hoop designs. I made my 9 year old baby girls bedding for her crib when she was born. Getting ready to make another baby girl set not sure if will embroidery or not. I did the quilt, made sheets, did dust ruffle and made the bumper pad also. It was fun to do. I have made wall hangings and table runners, etc.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:03 AM

My first was a Janome 350 which did a great job. I now have a Brother PR600 and a PR620 which I use in a small
business from my home. Before buying need to decide what you want to produce and go from there. they are a
lot of fun to use and not as challenging as many people think at first glance.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:32 AM

Hi Everyone! Thanks Craftybear. It is a fun thread.
I have a Viking Designer Ruby and have been experimenting with appliqué for wall hangings and small quilt projects.

I love seeing your projects!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Appiqué.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	521588  
Old 06-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by PamQuilts View Post
I have a Husqvarna but I have never learned how to embroider on it! I keep thinking I'll take classes (the closest one is 45 min. away) but I never do!
What a shame, PamQuilts, I am sure you could learn a lot yourself just by having your instruction book beside the machine and work through each section. I have never had a formal lesson and have learnt to master my machines. I am sure you can do it.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:51 PM

I just found this thread and I am amazed at how many members have an embroidery machine. My husband bought me my first embroidery machine, a Janome MC9000 in 1996 as a 30th wedding anniversary present and five years later on our 35th anniversary he bought me a Janome MC10000 which became upgraded to a MC10001. These were wonderful machines and I got a lot of pleasure from all the embroidery that I did on them. These machines have been passed on to my daughter and daughter in law and I replaced them with a Brother Quattro Innovis 6000D and a six needle Brother PR620. I still have these wonderful machines and last year my husband bought me the new Janome MC15000 which I love very much. I am very fortunate that I am able to have these machines all that goes with them. As most of you would know the machine is only the beginning, then comes the expense of threads, needles, stabilizer, bobbin fill, designs, software , the servicing of the machines and so on. It is a very large hole to fill. Friends have asked my advice on purchasing an embroidery machine and the advice I give them is to remember that the machine is only the beginning of the first money you will spend and possibly the machine is the cheapest part. However, it is a wonderful hobby and pastime and one can create all manner of wonderful items on these machines and if you feel inclined you can also earn a little to help support your machine embroidery habit.
There is a range of wonderful embroidery software available, I have the Buzz tools programs and also Embrilliance (which I still have to master). I think I have become too comfortable with the Buzz tools programs. There are also millions of great embroidery designs out there digitized by wonderful and talented digitizers. Embroidery Library is certainly one which I have been with since their beginning and also Secrets of Machine Embroidery is a wonderful site where they have a lot of digitizers designs for sale.

Thank you Crafty Bear for starting this thread, I am trying to wade my way through all the posts.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
So I have a question about what you do with bad embroideries. I am learning my Brother PE 770 and I spent this morning trying to get two designs on one dish towel. I have two good designs on two separate dish towels (the other side of the towel is ruined with a unusable partial design) and I've decided that I am going to cut the good designs from each towel and sew them together with some fun fabric so I can keep them for me. What do you do with boo boos?
My Father in law had a saying " A man who never made a mistake, never made anything!" I believe that there is no teacher like experience and so long as we learn, a mistake is not a bad thing.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:03 PM

goodness, use it u will love it