Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file? >

what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file?

what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file?

Old 04-21-2015, 10:43 AM

Default what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file?

I have sooo many ufos (and would be finished with probably half if I didn't have to work for a living!) though honestly that's probably not true because I'd likely be adding to the ufo pile if I could still afford fabric!

but, there are so many books I bought back when I first got serious about quilting - back in 2001 - that I still want to make. I was moving stuff around and came across all kinds of quilt books, patterns, and magazines and some I STILL want to make (and wish I'd made when the 'craze' was going around but felt I wasn't experienced/good enough to attempt with the 'expert' quilters I hung out with.

some of these are stack n whack (like the star version which a friend told me was way harder and I should wait until I'm better and do the hexagon version which seems to be her fave)...tradition with a twist has several I just LOVE. I also love french braid (though I may settle for a jelly roll version)..dear jane (ok nuts here!), quilted diamonds....one block wonder (gosh at least 5 yrs now wanting this!)

I probably won't be doing the hand projects any time soon (thinking of doing a hexagon quilt though) but I think it's time I gave serious thought to some of these others - esp the one block wonder, stack n whack, braind and 1-2 from tradition with a twist book that I've admired for so long(think one is called blooming 9 patch or trip around the world 9 patch) I still remember the quilts people brought to the shop and thinking I'd do one someday when I got better - but didn't realize at the time that once a fad has passed with quilters it seems to have passed until there's a lull and someone new gets with another someone new and they start a mini-craze again!

in the meantime I"m finishing up a graduation gift quilt and maybe trying a weighted quilt for a coworker's nearly grown son(autism) and pulling out random ufo's to finish. scrappy ufos are tough to carry around to bees and sewins as I need my scrap stash piles LOL!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Storm at sea and a paper pieced wall hanging I saw in a magazine top the list of about 100 I want to make!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:16 AM

So many...I think my next will be a bowtie--as soon as I finish the three quilts I have in progress right now!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

I too have too many UFOs so I am concentrating on getting them to the LAQ and distributed to various charities.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM

Well.... Where do I begin. LOL!!!! Bargello , Log cabin, Lone Star, Texas Map Quilt, Cowboy quilt, Quillow Quilts, dresden. That is just a few.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:15 PM

I finally did a OBW and a bargello last year so they are off of my list. I still want to do a storm at sea, a giant dahlia, a lonestar and there is always another to add. There are so many beautiful quilts that every time I see a new one-I want to make it! At last count my UFO's were at 29 a(but I did put the binding on my bargello since then ) so I am trying not to start any others yet! I do love piecing, though!
Old 04-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

I want to finish my 3/4" hex, do a double wedding ring, and finish my aqua and white log cabin.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:04 PM

I would have to say a star quilt and applique quilts are ones that I would love to learn to do, I have 4-5 UFOs that need to be finished to.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

Pin ups for the dH, Hunter's star for oldest Ds, red and black drunkard's path for DYS. Cat for eldest DGD, (?) for the 2nd DGD, pink and grey for youngest DGD and pink for 4th DGD. Still working on my VCQ and hexies.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:16 PM

Mine is to make a wall-hanging based on the Native American designs on 8 of the stained glass windows of the Chapel on the school campus where I work. I bought the fabric last summer and I finally dug them out and started working on the first block. I wasn't sure how to do it when I first got the idea, but have learned and seen enough that I know how I'm going to attempt the stain glass look now.