Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file? >

what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file?

what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file?

Old 04-22-2015, 08:09 PM

Madamekelly, I can't thank you enough for your suggestion. It was truly a "why didn't I ever think of that" moment and I'm going to try it. Sometimes the answer is staring you in the face but it takes another person to open your eyes, and I'll think of you with appreciation when I'm working on that block.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:15 PM

I have the Labyrinth pattern, and I also have some beautiful Tasha Tudor coordinates. 2 quilts I really want to make when I'm not busy sewing for everyone else!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:20 PM

I have so many UFO's that it should be a crime. Did a hexagon quilt about 8 years ago, which I appliqued the hexie "flowers" on the background material and want to make bias vines and add leaves to. Something really simple to do, just don't get around to it. Then there is the dresden plate quilt, the plates are appliqued on the background material, need to sew those blocks together, would like to add sashing, but not sure what color I want to use, so that's why this one is not finished. Then there is the Sunbonnet Sue quilt that was started about 9 years ago, and this past year I actually got all the blocks put together, now it needs to be sandwiched and quilted. Then there's the red and black quilt that I saw on a video from The Gourmet Quilter, started about 4 years ago, blocks are done, but they need to be put together. Wanted to try using the setting triangles instead of just placing them straight, but been afraid to finish it. Oh, and then there's the bow tie done in batiks that still needs blocks to be finished, but have been thinking of just using the blocks that are completed and making a smaller quilt. An ex-boyfriend once asked me why I don't finish one quilt before I start another one. Had to explain that the fun part is making a quilt top, the sandwishing and quilting is not so much fun, but the binding is fun, at least for me. Maybe if I had a long arm I would get more quilting done, just can't afford to send all my quilts out to someone to get done. There are many more unfinished projects just tucked away in the sewing room, and others that I have probably forgotten about. Since retiring in Oct. of 2013 I did actually get much of my stuff completed, but then kind of got burned out from all quilting, but I am now getting back into the groove and hopefully will get a few more items finished this year.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:12 AM

Have completed two Bargello quilts (Surf Song by Eileen Wright) and Mystic nights by Dereck Lockwood). Time to make new quilts for my 4 grandchildren--not sure what patterns yet but am talking to their mothers to get ideas since they all live several states away from me. Here are pics of my bargellos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	517805   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	996.6 KB
ID:	517806  
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 AM

I want to make a wall hanging of a Great White Egret, the first bird that appeared to me after my DH passed away from Alzheimer's in November. My DH had the most beautiful pure white hair and I know it was a sign to me that he would always be near.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:15 AM

Your bargello quilts are stunning, Sewgranny. The first one on the floor looks like a very expensive carpet.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Right now I'm nearly finished with a purple/white Disappearing Hourglass quilt from MSQC, have to ship to my niece for quilting B-4 end of month, as I'm having shoulder surgery. Once I recover from that, I will be making a king size Dresden Plate, also in purples for my DS and DDIL, two BOM quilts to assemble, blocks are all made; then one day I would like to make a Double Wedding Ring quilt, but there are so many I want to make, I've lost count, probably whatever next tickles my fancy.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:26 PM

I list is so long there is not enough room or time to write it down here. BUT to give you a idea I will have to live another 200 years to make them all.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:42 AM

shelley those are stunning! I want to do a storm at sea
and sewgranny I'm pretty sure I have the pattern for that top quilt - beautiful!

right now I think the 'craze' is dear jane and those types - friends are doing dear jane with some kind of paperpieced adaptations when feasible, anniversary, love letters, dear diary...one is doing all 4 - seriously! I know since they're in full mode right now (support group and everything!) that this would be the time to do it but there are so many I want to do more plus I"m starting round robin again this August and that takes some serious time esp when I work 12 hr rotating shifts and have a lot of callout (mandatory not by choice) just can't see myself doing an ongoing project like that - I'd rather finish my scrap quilt ufos and some other patterns I want to do. I even bought a hexagon book that has a facebook sewalong but still haven't committed...already have a hand embroidery project I've been doing for years, um YEARS, that I also want to finish.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by audsgirl View Post
ShelleyP, your quilts are wonderful, but I am swooning over the Storm at Sea! It's fantastic!

Leslie
I used the Accuquilt GO and it took me about 2 weeks to cut and piece the body. Then I had to decide on the border and thinking about it took another 2 weeks! Sometimes the thinking is the hardest part.