Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
machine quilting paper >

machine quilting paper

machine quilting paper

Old 04-27-2015, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider View Post
You can buy just the Gold paper at a LQS. I've used the plain. I traced the designs I wanted and pinned the paper down. FMQ around the design. Works pretty well. I don't care for all over, so I mix and match.

Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHXoitox02E

I loved watching this video. Thanks for posting and I'm sure I'll use this method in the near future.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:03 AM

I'm glad you posted this info. I'm hand quilting a quilt right now and marking it with stencils was quite a chore.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

I have not used this particular site, however, I have ordered a similar product, if not the same one, it's been a while; but having the strips on either side of the design on the roll makes it easy to attach to your quilt, maybe add a few pins here and there, but I have liked the results. I remember using the large cable design on a quilt and I was very pleased with the results and it was easy to tear off the quilt. I thought it was a great way to do a large stencil design without the marking.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
I hand quilt and trace my designs on wash away stabilizer tha machine embroidery users use. It is super easy to stitch through and washes completely out. I usually buy a bolt at a time wher it is on sale or i have a good coupon. It comes on a bolt in the stabelizer section but you don't need to purchase the entire bolt. I trace my design on the stabelizer then pin it to my quilt top and stitch away. I have been using this method for years and have never had it rip on me and have done various sizes of quilts.
This sounds like a great method! What do you use for marking the stabilizer? Thank you. :-)
Old 04-28-2015, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by schoolteacher View Post
Just found a new site quiltingmadeeasy.com that has quilting paper for borders/blocks. Has anyone used this site and if you have used this type of paper, what are your experiences with it? I have used stencils before but was wondering if the paper would be easier to use and worth the expense? Thanks.
I have used their "Borders made easy" and they were pretty easy to use. I got them when I started quilting, so they did help and were worth the expense. I have also used their "Stippling made easy" but I personally didn't find those helpful.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:07 PM
mac

Thanks, everyone, for your information. I've wondering about this.
mac
Old 04-30-2015, 06:13 AM

I have used a roll of calculator white tape or register tape for borders. It helps with the spacing.