Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something? >

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

Old 01-11-2010, 01:54 PM

I used one the other day on my batting. There were lots of sales but batting was not on sale and it was for my quilt for kids so it worked out well! Just have to be buying the right thing I guess.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM

I got some webbing for a purse and some interfacing recently with my coupons. They had tons of stuff on sale, but not those two items.

If something is already on sale, sometimes they'll bring it back to full price and give you the 40% or 50% off from your coupon.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:23 PM

I think each Joanns store manager has their own way of letting customers use coupons. I keep mine in my purse and usually use them to stock up on packs of cutting blades, batting, etc. I know it's a pain in the butt but while in the store you need to check your coupon's % off against the sale price of the items you are thinking of purchasing and decide which is the better bargin.

I received a Joann's gift cert. for Christmas and am planning to take a trip there tomorrow with my coupons, list of items I need and a few blocks from the quilts I'm presently working on. I need to find borders for those quilts. May in Jersey
Old 01-12-2010, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I just heard that if something is on sale, you can still use your 40 or 50% coupon even if the item is on sale. They just give you the 40 or 50% off of the regular price.

Has anyone else heard this?
When I first started working at JoAnns this was true but they changed that probably 3 years ago so this no longer happens.
Everything (guns, register) are programmed not to let this
happen.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I just heard that if something is on sale, you can still use your 40 or 50% coupon even if the item is on sale. They just give you the 40 or 50% off of the regular price.

Has anyone else heard this?
The last time I tried this they said they couldn't do it anymore. They used to.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 AM

It's true. That's how I use my coupons because, like you said, everything is usually on sale. They just give you the regular price on the item you want & take the 40% off that.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 AM

No you r not missing a thing they do that all the time and what isnt on sale nobody wants. I use to shop there all the time and think I have bought ever piece material they have. I dont shop there as much anymore.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:22 AM

The coupons are good for items that are not on sale, like I stock up on "heat and bond" for appliquing, or "batting",thread, some books, not "everthing" is always on sale, they also have "non" sewing items, like sometimes I may buy a gift for someone.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 AM

You are lucky if your store will mark the item back to regular price and then take the 40% off. Our store won't let you do that.
I have also found that most of the items have already been marked up 30 to 40% more than I can get it at Hobby Lobby. Example, I wanted some insul-brite, JoAnn's was 6.99, Hobbly Lobby was $2.99. A big differences.
Also, they use the big thumb to measure. I have been shortage as much as 4 inches on 4 yards. Plus lots of there fabric is starting to look like craft fabric. And the notions are the same thing we have had for 50 years. They need to get some new buyers and update there notions and fabric.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 AM

You aren't missing a thing, JoAnn's is missing the idea of what a coupon should represent. My erkkkk is that you can only spend one at a time. I have purchased something, taken it to my car and gone back and used another coupon to purchase again, how silly is that? If they don't want you to have the coupons why do they print so many?