I do have too many machines!

Old 05-09-2015, 07:54 AM

Hope you can get a lot moved before the bad weather sets in! Can't wait for photos!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

Patiently waiting for pics.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:10 AM

That's why DH and I are doing all the shifting today - while we don't have mud to slog through. I'll worry about arranging them after I get them all moved.

One more treadle cabinet to haul down the stairs. I had planned on putting the Hemstitcher and Blind Hemmer up there, but they weigh even more so I'm rethinking that. Right now my feeling is "no more heavy cabinet upstairs"

Though, none of them are as bad as the big hutch that we had up there at one point. It's down in the library now.

I can put the 24 treadle in the library after I take the Standard Stout to the Shed. But I'm not sure where to put the embossed treadle.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Been procrastinating this AM - but had an attachment set on eBay I was courting. It will be coming to live with me now. Bad part - it's a set I don't have a machine for.

I laughed when I read this.

I'd gladly store that embossed parlor cabinet for you.
I can't wait to see pictures too.
Rodney
Old 05-09-2015, 10:22 AM

Got all but one cabinet moved out of the house. I forgot about the White treadle in the bedroom - and it may start raining any minute now so that will wait.

Hauled out all the "floor" machines - the ones that have been sitting on the floor in the house waiting for a place to go. Those on the shelves in the house are still one the shelves - they'll be moved out once I get the first group settled.

Other than the White I forgot about, I've got all the cabinets out of the house that I wanted to take out. We brought in the Singer 24 treadle and the Martha Washington cabinets. The Singer embossed one will come in later. I could not remember where it was going to go (it's going to replace the White that I had forgotten all about . . .)

I've decided that while all the machines for the collection will be in the Shed, I'm going to set up an auxiliary display of the cabinets that don't fit - in the storage shed.

Does not look like much right now - it's going to take awhile to get things organized, and decide what cabinets will stay and which will be stored.

Staging in the kitchen. We hauled them all downstairs - and then out to the shed. The cabinets also got to ride on the wagon.

That's enough for today - it's started to rain so it's good we got it done!
Old 05-09-2015, 10:32 AM

Oh, this is looking so good. I may have to take a road trip when you are done....
Old 05-09-2015, 10:36 AM

I wish someone was taking a road trip NOW - I could really use the help - both physically and mentally. And I promise I'll only sneak a few machines into your vehicle while you are not looking . . .
Old 05-09-2015, 11:06 AM

Ok - I did just say I had too many machines . . . but it didn't stop me from buying another . . . I'm going to go try to organize what I have - next one I'm watching ends in 9 hours so I've got time LOL!!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I wish someone was taking a road trip NOW - I could really use the help - both physically and mentally. And I promise I'll only sneak a few machines into your vehicle while you are not looking . . .
I don’t have any time off until August, otherwise I would be packing my bags and heading your way right now! I enjoy helping people move (because it really helps), and I would be more than willing to leave the car door open in case any strays wanted to hop in!
Old 05-09-2015, 01:17 PM

It looks great! Great job on the wiring BTW. The wiring wasn't installed in the last pictures I saw.
Rodney