Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Going on the Road... Coast to Coast (literally) and Back >

Going on the Road... Coast to Coast (literally) and Back

Going on the Road... Coast to Coast (literally) and Back

Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Interesting drafting system. Well- looks like you'll be passing right through Albany NY on the way to Jamestown. Anyone looking for something I might have to send on the loop back with you?
I am more than willing to transport machines for folks, just let me know what the need is.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:11 PM
KLO

Wondering where you would even find one of these "systems" now days but of course if anyone was going to find one, it would be you! Thanks for the history of this set-up. It's great to have the story that goes along with it and what a fascinating story it is.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:30 AM

wow congratulations!! hope you have many blessed years together!

I'm in Houston - don't know how far south you're swinging LOL! probably not as far as Houston though! have fun!
Old 05-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
Wondering where you would even find one of these "systems" now days but of course if anyone was going to find one, it would be you! Thanks for the history of this set-up. It's great to have the story that goes along with it and what a fascinating story it is.
Ebay - I have one complete set from 1880, and a front piece from 1895. I am still looking for a "sleeve machine". It was an add on to the set that in later versions was added to the main set. I have the two sets of instructions for the different sets as well.

quilt938 - Sorry, nope, just through the top of Texas.....
Old 05-12-2015, 03:56 PM

Congratulations; I hope your wedding is the dream wedding you have described and that you two have a long and happy/prosperous marriage.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:57 PM

Congratulations Steve & Heather!! Wishing you a great future together and a wonderful trip!!
Old 05-15-2015, 05:28 AM

Congratulations Steve and Heather. I haven't been on the QB for about 6 months but today I thought I'd see what's going on with my old vintage friends and there you were.... telling about your soon to happen wedding and fun traveling honeymoon. If you haven't been in Ma you should really try to fit it in and cross it off your list. It's not that far a trip from Boston and is a beautiful place.

My DH and I are doing an across the country trip soon as well. We've been in all the continental states except Wa and Or. Our kids gave us an Alaskan cruise for our 50th wedding anniversary (WoW! 50 years is a long time)so we will drive to Seattle, cruise, drive down to Or so we can check it off our list, and travel back to Mi along US-2. DH has always wanted to do that just never wanted to take the time away from our summer cabin. Anyway, after this trip, the only state we won't have been in will be Hawaii. I'm going to try and save some cash so we can do that one before we're gone. I think it's a special thing to say you've been in every state.... at least for simple common folk like us.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:20 PM

If you get close to Huntsville, AL give me yell. Love to see you.
Skip
Old 05-16-2015, 02:54 PM

I may have found something interesting enough to temp Heather and Steve to divert their course a bit north. If that happens, I'm more than willing to invite anyone else to come over and meet them. Plans will be tentative for a while - we'll see how tired they are when they start heading back home!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:14 AM
Banned

Wee Haa..... Today is my last day before beginning my vacation. This is my first two week vacation in over a decade....

As an IT manager, the idea of leaving my systems alone that long is stressful, but I have full remote access to everything, and a good backup to my backup.

We are planning on the stop at Macybaby's, I will see how many other ones we can squeeze in. My only regret in this case is that I will be stopping to drop off the 1867 Grover and Baker, Mother of Pearl, rosewood parlor cabinet machine first.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519963[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519964[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519965[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	08 - G&B - MOP - Cabinet- Front.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	519963   Click image for larger version

Name:	15 - G&B - MOP - Drive- Overall.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	519964   Click image for larger version