Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something? >

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 AM

Yay, well said alislaceygreen! you hit several nails on the head. I just hope people can react in an adult fashion and really hear what you say!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 AM

I take them with me and try to use them every time. Normally, they are not usable because everything is a sale item. However, just this past weekend, I went to buy a few miscellaneous items (fusible fleece and fusible interfacing - decor bond), plus a couple of spools of thread. Ended up being able to use both my weekly coupon AND the one I receive through their mailing. Absolutely NOTHING I purchased that day was on sale!

Joann's is the only store where people complain that items are on SALE. Hilarious!! :D
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 AM

yes! you are right, you never hear people complain about that at other stores. Guess we can complain about ANYTHING! LOL
Old 01-12-2010, 08:22 AM

I have been told that their coupons are good at Michaels and vice versa...anyone else heard that? If that is so, maybe what you are looking for is at the other store not on sale if it is a tool or book.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by dlf0122quilting
I have been told that their coupons are good at Michaels and vice versa...anyone else heard that? If that is so, maybe what you are looking for is at the other store not on sale if it is a tool or book.
this is true. however, i believe the exclusions of each coupon apply (m's coupon not good on books i believe extends to using an m's coupon at j's )
Old 01-12-2010, 09:16 AM

[quote=TexasGurl]Their coupon promotions ARE frustrating ... the staff at our store here is pretty good - but they WILL NOT take coupons on any sale items and haven't for some time now. It's unfair that store mgrs pick and choose what they want to honor - should be the same policy, company wide.

I don't have a problem with their coupon policy, but I do agree that policies, and sales, should be more uniform across stores.

We were hunting for more of a particular fabric one weekend and checked out several of the Joann stores in our area. We found a lot of difference in which items were on sale at each location.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 AM

I don't know if this is true everywhere, but where I live we can take our JoAnn's coupons and use them at Hancock's. I'm going to ask Michaels if they take them, now that I've heard it here!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 AM

I use the coupons for battings, cutter blades, needles and often thread, especially serger thread.
I only go to JoAnns when I really need these things and ONLY with coupons. It is a long drive to closest one. Not particularly unhappy with this as I do not buy the fabric there. Work in a couple LQS and get my fabrics at employee discount. Also need to support LQS. Don't want them closing.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 AM

They don't give us the discount on teh regular priced pieces here. They had an ad indicating 'buy one, get one free" on warm and natural batting. I read, re-read and again - and it appeared as if this was the deal on the batting. When I went to purchase it, Manager said, "No." and would not ackowledge the discount. As a shopper, these kinds of deals do occur occasionally.

I even wrote the company. Did not even get a reply.

Gues what?! I'll buy next to nothing there, and have been doing just that.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 AM

the coupons are to get you in the store so you can enjoy
the 50% off savings already there.