Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 05-18-2015, 08:25 AM

Sewbizgirl, side swaps go on between whomever it might be. I've been contacted before to see if I wanted to swap "on the side" or "in addition to" the regular one going on...could be for a variety of reasons...like Robinlee shared with her, which makes it nice for her but doesn't interfere in any way with our regular swapping. Sometimes you find special friends (not that we're not all special friends) that you just want to do "more" with and do that through pm-ing each other? It gives people a few more options at times to better fit their special circumstances.

Snownannie, be on the lookout for your package! It is going in today's mail and you should have it by the end of the week. I sure hope you like what I decided to do for you. I think we're both mailing close to each other so it'll be fun to open our packages and see what we did for each other!

I've always admired those who have twins, etc, but was always scared to death about having them myself...thankfully I had mine one at a time, but not having to go through the birth process each time certainly has some advantages...it will be fun to see the pictures!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

Woop woop!!! got my swap package, so pull up a chair and get a cuppa as I describe it. It came from Linda in Iowa, don't have a screen name, so I will thank you here. Here goes. first off, I was so surprised to get a pkg, I don't know why just am. the package came in one of those fancy mailers you get at the PO. hot pink circles, very Pretty, my fav color is pink. so here's what I got. the cutest little mugrug with a bird house in hot pink against a yellow background. I think it was paper pieced, something I can't do! so...it was greatly appreciated. on the main part was a big flower bunch appliqued, it was quilted in a cross hatch design. the background was a greenish mottles, so it looked like the flowers were jumping off the background. the backing was a pretty kitchen fabric with a coffee pot and other summer goodies, book and lots of flowers. very pretty and great stitchery! it's more of a piece of art than a mugrug, so it might go on the wall, I appreciate all the fine work that was put into this mugrug! then I got a nice angel card with a note from Linda. the cutest little picture frame (mat board) in Wedgwood blue tht says scraps happen. does it go on the fridge or in the sewing room, it's magnetized. rally cute. then I got a washcloth that is hand knit or croched. she said it was Tunisian stitch,whick is crochet, but this is more intricate than crochet. it's made of bamboo yarn. haven't seen that around here, very soft and supple. I really ike this hot salmon colored washcloth. cab't wait to use it tonight. so soft and pretty. she also packd a nice cupcake fabric from Patrick Lose, they each have a candle on it. so cute and pretty. maybe for a placemat for the birthday cake. Whadda ya think???? Then I got a pretty little note pad, but not the run of the mill type. this has a glittery cover on it of a pretty butterfly and flowers, keeping up on the garden theme. it's a little spiral thing that fits perfectly in the purse. it's top spiral bound and a very nice hard cover pad for all those notes we quilters take. Then, last but not the least is this cute little key chain triangle template. it's adorable, and so cute, you'll all be jealous for this for. Lets hope Linda can post a picture. It's about 1 1/4" x 1 1/4"
a little triangle with all the markings on it. it's called an eazy angle. such a wonderful, great swap partner and package. Love all the goodies, and the special mug rug that you made for me. absolutely wonderfull. Christmas came early at my house. Thank You again Linda!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:14 AM

I received my mug rug today from my partner Susan. Love all the little extras
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	519967  
Old 05-18-2015, 09:23 AM

Got my mug rug from my partner suern3. . I love it and all the extras. Thanks Susan

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	519969  
Old 05-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

cute little mugrug!! love the spools. great swap package.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:46 AM

suern3 beautiful work. I love it and Nan 62 what a joy it will be to display that one in your sewing room.

Lynnie I hope your partner can post pictures also because I would love to see the birdhouse and the flowers sound like they are popping off the picture. How cute.

Great swap day We have such talented ladies.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:28 AM

Born at 7:45 this morning
Meet Gage, 6lbs., 19 1/2" long[ATTACH=CONFIG]520003[/ATTACH]
and this is Reed, 5lbs. 15oz., 18 1/2" long[ATTACH=CONFIG]520004[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]520005[/ATTACH]

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	520003   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	520004   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	520005  
Old 05-18-2015, 11:39 AM

Beautiful Babies! Those baby blankets look familiar.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

Oh, they are simply precious babies!!! how cute they are. bless them. Can't wait to see the quilts you make for them.
so beautiful and a high weight for twins too. Jaba, you must be so proud!!
Old 05-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Yay... the boys are so handsome! And right at 6 lbs each-- great weight! The tired mama looks like she is trying to wrap her brain around it all... She will really be busy with those two little love bundles. They look identical, no?