Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilts in the Berkshires >

Quilts in the Berkshires

Quilts in the Berkshires

Old 05-18-2015, 08:57 PM

The circles take that quilt from ordinary to unique. Glad you came to the Berkshires. I live there and love it. Every day I'm convinced it's the prettiest place on Earth.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:15 AM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilts and the great scenery. Good move in adding the pink circles to your strip quilt. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:44 AM

beautiful, the quilts and the flowers.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:59 AM

I like your quilts and the beautiful scenery!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:22 PM

The pink circles in your jelly roll race really looks nice. Great idea! Also your tumbler quilt is cool. I've been going to make one for the longest time but seems there are just so many on my list. Yours has inspired me to get one done. Also the scenery there is gorgeous. Great place to show off your beautiful quilts.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:22 PM

Great quilts. Great back drop for the photos. I Love the circles on the Jelly roll race quilt. Luann
Old 05-19-2015, 01:40 PM

Beautiful quilts! I love "A Notion to quilt" if I travel to the western part of the state for any reason I try to make sure I have time to stop in there!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:35 PM

Beautiful quilts and a lovely setting.

hugs

Caroline
Old 05-19-2015, 07:05 PM

I think the little pink quilt shop in this youtube clip of the flooding from Hurricane Irene might have been the original A Notion to Quilt that is now safely located high and dry on MA Route 2. Strictly speaking, it's not in the Berkshires, but is in Franklin County, close enough. These beautiful mountains belong to all of us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NWDRyg1j88 Another great quilt shop, not in the Berkshires, but just north a little into Wilmington, VT is the Norton House which was also devastated by Irene, but it, and many of the businesses in historic buildings on the riverside cleaned up and reopened in the same locations. What a task! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVMOoR93_c
Old 05-20-2015, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Camille View Post
Dh and I went to Shelbourne Falls, Ma today to my favorite quilt shop (A Notion to Quilt). It's in the Birkshires and is beautiful. He's never been there before. Me, several times. There are 2 spectacular attractions there. The first are the Glacial Potholes that are millions of years old. You have to see them to believe it. Then we walked over the Bridge of Flowers. Not quite in full bloom yet. I brought 2 quilts with me that I just finished and took a couple of photos. The first is a black and white large tumbler. The second is a jelly roll race that I was not happy with, so I appliqued circles to add to it because it was too flowery. Joe is not the greatest photographer, so I had to settle with what he did. I also had to buy him lunch in town. It's a wonderful tourist attraction if you're ever in the area. The bridge goes over the Deerfield River and the Berkshire Mountains are in the background. It was a beautiful day.
Beautiful quilts and background...