Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something? >

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I just heard that if something is on sale, you can still use your 40 or 50% coupon even if the item is on sale. They just give you the 40 or 50% off of the regular price.

Has anyone else heard this?
Yes, I have done that many times... :)
Definitely not at MY local JoAnn's.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 PM

NOT AT MY JOANNS, THEY JUST REMIND ME THAT THE PRODUCT IS ON SALE AND TO SAVE MY COUPON FOR ANOTHER TIME, WHICH I USUALLY END UP THROWING AWAY SINCE I ONLY GO TO JOANNS ONE TIME A WEEK.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:25 PM

That is one beautiful blue quilt. Can you tell me where to get the pattern? Patti in Ohio
Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM

Hancock Fabrics will honor JoAnn's coupons. That how I use them.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
:oops: Honestly, and I am gonna do down in FLAMES for this, I can feel it... :oops:

Their store.
Their coupon.
Their rules.

They (the royal "They") ) create the rules. They print said rules on the coupons/advertisements/policy sheets.

They print the coupon. ONE gets mailed to each address in their data base (snail or email), or put into each newspaper. If (royal) you collect coupons from your friends and neighbors, create multiple email or mailing addresses to collect extra coupons, then (royal) you are the one creating a problem.

(Royal) you seem to be forgetting the POINT of an advertisement for a place of business IS TO DRAW IN CUSTOMERS. The purpose of the place of business itself, for the owner/investor is to MAKE A PROFIT.

How they make that profit is not part of this 'argument'....(as long as it isn't illegal, immoral or unethical)...

It is no different than your local grocery store ad that you peruse weekly. Or department store ad.

If you spent the better part of your (and I am going to drop the royal now, I think you get that I am not addressing this to any one person) parenting life teaching your children the difference between right and wrong, about how it is important to follow the rules, behave fairly and be honest, well, perhaps it's time to revisit those lessons.

The coupon states (and as I am not sticking to ONE store, I may be ad-lbbing) "ONE coupon PER customer PER day, not to be used on XXXXXX."

It doesn't say, sure, run outside, come back in; it doesn't say, piss off the cashier (and the customer behind you as you argue your case about using it on Sale items, or three at one transaction. Or ringing up one item per transaction, going through paying one at a time for a $3.99 --before discount--item.)

It doesn't state you HAVE TO BE ABLE to use the coupon.

You are all adults. You are intelligent enough to understand that it's designed to be a loss leader, not a gift to you. You are also (assuming you are reading this on the screen) literate, and can read the sale signs and not bring up something on sale to use the coupon on. (something being mis-signed or mis-placed is not part of my conversation)

It is designed to bring you into the store. Just as the Kleenex coupon cut out of the Sunday paper is designed to take $1 off one box, (of the size stated, not the size you choose to pick up)

The craft stores in the conversation above, carry something like 50,000 to 70,000 unique products. I have put sale signs up in two of the conversed about stores in my day, I can GUARANTEE you that there are tens of thousands of items that are NOT ON SALE at any given time.

The fact that you don't wish to purchase any of them is of no regard to the RULES printed clearly on the coupons.

As a corollary, (and I can feel this becoming a blog rave some day) there is as much complaining about the fact that discount store fabric quality stinks as there is about LQS fabric pricing is too high.

Think on it.

(running now, probably won't be allowed to show my face for a week once the $%$ hits the fan...)

:thumbup:
I think everyone is aware that coupons are supposed to get you into the store. However, the appearance of giving you a good "special" deal when in fact they aren't is what bothers me.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:59 PM

Whatever happened to the email coupons? I used to get them regularly and I even signed up again, but haven't gotten any.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:07 PM

Pick and choose - that's the secret I've bought batting etc the magazines are usually 10% off which is no deal as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:35 PM

Yes, sometimes they will give you the better deal depending on which store you go to. Some Joanne's will do the better deal, and some won't. You just have to know where to go.
I usually keep the entire ad in my purse and coupons and go for what I get. I always try to use my coupons as much as I can and as some of the other ladies suggested, use the extra coupon on something that usually does not go on sale. :)
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04

I think everyone is aware that coupons are supposed to get you into the store. However, the appearance of giving you a good "special" deal when in fact they aren't is what bothers me.
It is not the appearance of a good deal, it IS a good deal, on one item that is regular priced. There is no contract you sign, no agreement between you and them when you take the coupon, and no money passing hand in order to receive the coupon. And there are thousands of things in the store the coupon is good on. It is not their fault you don't want to buy one of them.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
I have signed up for mailings at the store and on line and I have never received a one :evil: I don't know what their problem is. On top of that the clerks at our store are nonexistant at best and rude at worst :hunf:
Years ago I received the mailings but then they stopped. I have signed up again I don't know how many times but still didn't receive them. My mailman must take them home to his wife. LOL Going to search for ASG.