Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help please! >

Need help please!

Need help please!

Old 05-28-2015, 02:43 AM

If/when you take it back, also take some fabric you are using. Have you noticed the piece they use...really stiff fabric YOU would never use?
Old 05-28-2015, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

Glad he is taking it back.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:13 AM

I had my Bernina 530 serviced recently. The store forgot to return the leader cord and foot control. Fortunately I looked immediately when we got home with it. I called and they were sure I mush have misplaced them. I assured them that I was sitting here with the machine and wrapping right in front of me. They "checked" and said they didn't have them. They had to replace them and I insisted they ship them to me because the store is quite a long way away. They did so; I am pleased and have thanked them.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:23 AM

Glad to hear your problem is on the way to being solved!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:41 AM

My machines always come back with a piece of fabric (yes, stiff stuff) under the needle. They run through a number of different stitches to show that it works and the tension is correct. That way he and I know that it really does work.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:58 AM

You need to call ASAP, let them know you're having problems and will be on your way. That you want to talk with the tech who worked on your machine. Take your machine back in with the problem, this way the tech can see for himself what is going on. I took my machine back in every week or so after having it serviced, no matter what I said I still ended up making the trip back because of the same problem. I left the mess on my sewing and in the machine and made the trip back again, when the tech took a look at the mess that was it. He understood that what I was saying was going on and he knew how to fix it. I stood in his shop and it was finished in about 3 minutes. Then when he did the demo, he could see and hear the difference just as I had told him. So he learned his lesson (listen to what the operator says, not the age of the machine), and I learned mine (if your machine comes back with a problem, take it back with the problem so they understand what you are seeing and talking about). Machine repair is like car repairs, they have a guid that give what the settings should be between. But each machine is just a little different, so our machines know what they like. Good luck