Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hubby just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale >

Hubby just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale

Hubby just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale

Old 06-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Red face Hubby just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale

As the title suggests, my DH just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale Sewing/Embroidery Machine. I was looking at the Bernina 830 but the closest dealer is several hundred miles away. The Husqvarna dealer is only an hour drive so I did the Math & chose the Husqvarna. Boy, it is SOME machine. Any QB members that have this machine, could you offer me some advise as to what to watch for & did you find it easy to work with etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

You chose it and had to wait for your DH to buy it? I don't understand. Several guild members have this machine and they really like it. Have fun learning all about it.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:45 PM

Have the Diamond and not much diff. then yours. Just play on it. I use mine for emb. only as i have a Janome also.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:25 PM

Don't have that specific machine but I do love my Husqvarna. Never had a bit of trouble with it in the 10+ years I've owned it.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
You chose it and had to wait for your DH to buy it? I don't understand. Several guild members have this machine and they really like it. Have fun learning all about it.
He knew I was looking at sewing/embroidery machines & I was at first looking at the Ruby Royale & when he came with me (to carry my trade in machine which weighs a ton) he really liked the Diamond Royale & after trying it, I had to agree so we came home with the Diamond Royale. It was my Mother's Day, Anniversary & birthday gift all rolled into 1 (for the next 10 years, at the price they are here in Canada LOL). I DO NOT need his permission but it's nice to know he supports my hobby wholeheartedly.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
Don't have that specific machine but I do love my Husqvarna. Never had a bit of trouble with it in the 10+ years I've owned it.
I am so glad to hear that. Have never owned a Husqvarna before. Thank you for the positive comment.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Congrats on your new fancy machine! Happy stitching!
Old 06-03-2015, 03:37 PM

I have the Ruby Royale which I really like. I've only had it for a little while and intend to use it primarily for embroidery as I love my Elna for piecing.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
As hard as it may be for some to believe - there are some one-income families still around.

Also, there may be other household priorities -
Old 06-03-2015, 05:29 PM

I love my Ruby and my good friend has a Diamond...it is a great machine! Very happy for you! And, for what it's worth...if DH or I plan to purchase anything over $1000, we always discuss it first.