Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Deb Tucker rulers >

Deb Tucker rulers

Deb Tucker rulers

Old 06-11-2015, 01:46 PM

I have only the Tucker Trimmer and the wing Clipper and love them both. I use the Tucker trimmer in almost every quilt squaring up blocks. It seems silly when you can square up with any ruler, but it goes so fast when you have exact inch and half inch lines and not everything in between. The Wing Clipper I love for flying geese. You can make them any size and trim down to the size you want. Perfect
Old 06-11-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I try to stay away from any specialty ruler that you can only use for one quilt pattern. If there is a ruler you would use often, then go for it.
Good thing is that many of her rulers can be used for many, many patterns. The Wing Clipper, for instance, helps you make perfect Flying Geese that you can use in any project. Check them out, they may be worth it if you do a lot.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:32 PM

Tucker Trimmer and Wing Clipper are on my list. I've been avoiding flying geese cause I can never get them right but plan to give them another go once I get the Clipper.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:00 PM

Her instructional videos on Youtube are awesome also, love her rulers!
Old 06-11-2015, 09:08 PM

I was just watching Eleanor Burns on YouTube and she said she doesn't like geese. Hmm, and she even has her own flying geese ruler. But the video was promoting Acuquilt so that might have something to do with it.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:26 PM

Thank you for all the info on these rulers. It seems they have a big thumbs up from those of you who use them. I shall go ahead and make a purchase with confidence now.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I was just watching Eleanor Burns on YouTube and she said she doesn't like geese. Hmm, and she even has her own flying geese ruler. But the video was promoting Acuquilt so that might have something to do with it.
I bought her flying geese rulers and they work like a charm! This was before the day of Acuquilt. Eleanor's method of sewing and cutting uses a tad more fabric, but they end up larger than needed and then you trim them to the right size. Love those rulers!
Old 06-12-2015, 04:32 AM

I have many of her rulers and always feel like I'm cheating when my blocks come out so perfect. I couldn't be as accurate without these rulers.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:10 AM

Don't hold back. Her rulers are great. Usually at the shows there is a special discount when purchasing several.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Same here. I try to stay on a budget. I don't sell my projects. And the patterns I have for the flying geese and Hunter's star are working quite well for me. I don't need perfection since I'm not perfect. If I were selling mine for a profit, it would be different. Not saying her rulers are not good and worth the money. Just not worth it for me.
Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I try to stay away from any specialty ruler that you can only use for one quilt pattern. If there is a ruler you would use often, then go for it.