Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! >

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

Old 06-12-2015, 02:13 PM

Intriguing sneak peek, Robinlee!

Adorable mug rug by sewbisgirl & great goodies, too!

When I go tag saleing, I'm always on the lookout for cows. I've been collecting them for 30-plus years & have broken more than I can tell you! (And always my favorite ones, too!) I'm fussy enough that they have to be pretty -- pretty faces, not pig faces. As long as it's a cow, it can be a statue, a creamer, anything. I also look for good yarn & knitting needles (especially DPNs, since I'm always losing those!). Also, fabric, anything quilty, books, crafty items too.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:14 PM

Hi everyone - I haven't been on the QB site for a few months - my dad was very sick with his cancer and the good Lord saw fit to call him home - I feel very blessed that he and I were in a good place finally and I'll miss him like crazy; and last but not least Brian and I finally got married after being engaged for almost twenty years - I used to participate in the mug rug and mini quilt swaps and thought to drop in to see what everyone is working on. I love the patriotic theme - a couple years ago I received the nicest table runner from tlambing - I still use it to this day - it's one of my favorites. Great sneak peaks going on and lots of extra chatter regarding sending extra goodies in a box; historically speaking this has been a topic of conversation from time to time; kind of sad that it is still going on.

On to your question Linda about rummage sales and garage sales - I love kitchen gadgets and keep my eye open for them; I also keep my eye out for old cast iron - I'm still hunting for a couple more ebelskiever pans so I can send one to my nieces and nephews. A fellow quilting friend of mine just purchased from an antique junker shop a gallon sized jar filled with all sorts of orphan toy bits and other small items - it's a great conversation piece and as you turn the jar your eye is caught by something else inside; an orphan Barbie boot - jacks - game pieces - marbles - yoyo - checkers; it would make for an interesting fun gift. I spy in the jar sort of thing - lots of fun looking to see what you can find.

I'll keep my eye out for the next go round - in the mean time - I'm looking forward to seeing all the mug rugs being sent back and forth across the country; we are all doing our part by keeping the postal business running - LOL.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:16 PM

Sewbizgirl, what a cute mugrug, love the red rickrack and very nice extras you sent, too!
Old 06-12-2015, 02:18 PM

As an after thought regarding the extras - I think it would be great fun to just send along a favorite family recipe and a little note on why you think it's special.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:26 PM

Have my package ready to send, but don't have an address yet. We were in contact earlier but just don't have that piece yet. I'm sure I will hear from her soon. In the mean time I'll try to do a sneak peek, just hope it doesn't show too much, not so good with that Oh, well, here goes, I know we all like pictures!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0530.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	522155  
Old 06-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Barri, Congratulations!!!!
I hope my partner can post a picture of the wonderful popsicle mug rug I received. really a cute one.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Power Poster

Hi Dabbler,
So sorry you've lost your Dad.
Also congrats on your marriage. I see you two don't believe in rushing into things... ;P

ctyankee, I should send you a picture of a vintage Brush-McCoy cookie jar that I found at a flea market. It's a funny cow with a little kitten sitting on its back. One of my favorite finds! It brings me joy to look at it.

Ah, here's a link to one I found online, just like mine:
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001
Mine is like the brown ones.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:50 PM

What a fun cookie jar - last week when we were junking at an antique shop we found something very similar. I had to buy a vintage drop donut maker; I really wanted it for the recipes and the box it came in.

Some times it just makes sense to stop and smell the roses; enjoy the journey - eventually we'll get there.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:35 PM

Hi Dabbler - so sorry about the loss of your Dad. It is really hard when our parents pass away.

That flag mug rug is really cute!

Okay, here's the mug rug I made for Lynnie. I won't be able to post a picture of Lynnie's mug rug she made me until after June 21st (I'm away in FL until then)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522177[/ATTACH]

Name:	June 2015 Mug Rug - for Lynnie.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	769.9 KB
ID:	522177  
Old 06-12-2015, 07:37 PM

The backside has watermelons, so Lynnie can enjoy either side at her "picnic"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522179[/ATTACH]

Name:	June 2015 Mug Rug - backside.jpeg
Views:	144