Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
'June Bug' 2.5” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’ swap!!!! >

'June Bug' 2.5” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’ swap!!!!

'June Bug' 2.5” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’ swap!!!!

Old 06-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

What a cute video, Sheri! How sweet that the kids are all on board with a new baby. How exciting for them!

I can't actually remember WHAT I sent you this last time, but if I sent batiks, I liked it! I don't need any more Christmas candies, so I probably won't be swapping those.

Yay... can't wait to get my package!! Thank you so much for swapping for us!
Old 06-15-2015, 05:01 AM

Very clever daughter you have, what a cute video!! Loved it! Don't think I have use for Christmas candies but would like to do batiks again.
This was the first time for me in your swap, but I love batiks! Glad we're getting them back, will watch the mail
Old 06-15-2015, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Two darling candy ideas! I'm glad you ladies chat here even when I'm MIA! We got my daughter moved. She's still as close to me, just in a different direction. AND I just found out today my oldest is expecting her fourth baby next February!! https://youtu.be/OqSt-sodWXc I wonder if this link will work. Aren't they adorable!
Adorable video and congratulations on a new grand!!
Old 06-15-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Two darling candy ideas! I'm glad you ladies chat here even when I'm MIA! We got my daughter moved. She's still as close to me, just in a different direction. AND I just found out today my oldest is expecting her fourth baby next February!! https://youtu.be/OqSt-sodWXc I wonder if this link will work. Aren't they adorable!

Ok. Swap. I never received the last package we've been waiting on. I need to swap! IF it comes after tomorrow, I'll either keep it for next time or return it, which ever she wishes. Thanks for being patient ladies.

Now some questions. FIRST... Did you like doing 10/10 batiks? It doubles my swap time, but that's the only negative I can think of. And I'll be fine. . SECOND... I was thinking our next swap would be fun to swap holiday? Maybe? Though I know there are some of you who would rather not. Maybe those of us who would like can double side swap Christmas/Winter prints? What say you??
I will pass on the next swap if it is Holiday. I don't do seasonal Quilts.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:21 PM

aborning, I don't think Sheri meant the big swap just the side swaps of 10's like the batik's were this time...she will let us know
Old 06-16-2015, 10:06 AM

Sheri,
LOVE the video!! How exciting and so happy daughter is still closeby
As for the next swap - I may or may not be doing it - either would be fine if I was....holiday or not. It's just that we have another guild show coming up and lots of other stuff so the timing may not work for me (although I will try!! would be great to collect as much candy as possible before our Bonnie Hunter class next Feb
The batik worked both ways - although I really don't see the difference. With 5 sets of 20 you only "receive" from max of 5 different people, but each gives you 20 = 100 total. the "giver" needs to pick out twice the number of batiks, cutting less of each strip, so the "giver" ends up with more of the batik she has cut remaining.
With 10 sets of 10 - the receiver still ends up with 100, but from more givers which could end up with different "tastes" but also higher probability of dups (although I haven't noticed dups in swaps.) Don't know if this makes sense??

Gus
Old 06-16-2015, 10:21 AM

Sheri, suggestion: How about normal 50 cotton swap and having 2 side swaps. One with batiks and one with holiday swap, (any holday). I'm looking for more fabric to add to my swoon quilt. Either way I'm in. I know it may be a little more complicated for you, but interesting. Just a thought.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:51 AM

SheriR - Congrats on the new grandbaby!

I haven't done the batik twists, but I would definitely be on board for Christmas/winter.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:03 PM

great video! congratulations!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:23 AM

Question for all you fine quilty friends and collectors of 2 1/2" candy....
When you make HSTs do you make them out of the candies and cut the candies down...should say - do you make a pair out of two candies, or do you sew down the diagonal so you have a true 2 1/2" to match the others and use the remaining triangles (don't toss em!!) for something else? I have never really "collected" 2 1/2" squares and now will have 2400 of them after three swaps. Don't know exactly which class we are having Bonnie Hunter teach next February, but will more than likely use them!!
Gus