Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm already tired of it! >

I'm already tired of it!

I'm already tired of it!

Old 06-27-2015, 07:11 AM

I think its beautiful!! Don't throw it out as some have suggested.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:43 AM

I am late to the party, everyone else has said anything I could possibly say, but it is incredibly gorgeous and I would give my eye-teeth, (if I still had them) to make anything to even begin to compared with this. Don't give it up.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by sputano View Post
What pattern is this?
Storm at Sea. There is an entire section of them in the picture section. They are stunning but I'm not used to patterns that require so many repetitions of the same block and such absolute precision with the cutting and piecing. It's a challenge. I will finish it, but not by doing the sewing marathons that I was doing when I restarted it. I really appreciate all the wonderful encouragement.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:47 AM

I would finish it, and if you still think it is too white, then possibly over dye it, with a color not too strong. You have put a lot of work into it, and it could just turn out to be your favorite with a little modification
Old 06-27-2015, 10:56 AM

Quilting will make this quilt! Quilt it in a pale, variegated thread that goes from green to blues...almost white. The white won't be so bright, and the darks will mute a bit.
If you are really tired of it...you could donate it and the fabrics to me...I'll finish & quilt it..LOL... I really think you should finish this...even as a table runner, wall hanging, etc. I love the colors & think you will also, once you are finished with it.

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
I am about halfway through a SAS that I have had in the UFO stack for several years. I bought all the material, started one corner (the green blocks) and put it away for when I had "more time." It doesn't have a recipient, just me. I think they are beautiful and wanted to do one. Now I realize they are very repetitive, seriously demanding on accuracy, and require LOTS of pieces! This one is disappointing for 2 reasons, outside of the labor required. It's too white and the theme fabric is overwhelmed by the solid colored diamonds. Wish I'd reversed the fabrics. You can see the edge of the dark teal. There is a purple band between the dark teal and the dark blue. The dark blue is not spatially correct. It's actually the lower right hand corner. I know several of you have made this pattern. Any suggestions or encouragement at this stage?
Old 06-27-2015, 11:41 AM

Would it help you to make all the blocks that are the same, put them in a pile, make another row, pile them. Then when you have what you need, lay it out row by row and sew them together. I made a fracture gem quilt this way and was pleased to see the design as it appeared.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:25 PM

This is so incredibly ugly I think you should bag it up and send it to me immediately! That would put you out of your misery and make some of my quilting buddies--the ones who love these colors--so happy.Seriously if you really don' like it and don't think you ever will, find a quilter who love the colors and pass it on. froggyintexas
Old 06-27-2015, 10:17 PM

Since YOU totally don't like YOUR project anymore, do what YOU want. This could include any of the above mentioned options.

Are we have fun yet?
Old 06-28-2015, 02:27 AM

Don't toss it! You've put so much of yourself in this- I just saw this and fell in love- I'm no technical help but love the colors and the look of it. Put it aside and look at it after the 4th
Old 06-28-2015, 03:32 AM

it's going to be gorgeous! but i totally understand! i have started a disappearing hourglass 1 in kingsize for my dd who is getting married july 18. i won't have it done in time, no matter what, but jenny doan didn't say,' here's a faster way to do this block, but it will still take a long time, and kingsize has a lot of blocks!' next quilt will be a bbq or a checker board, maybe the 10 minute block. yes, i really am that kind of nuts! lol
you are going to feel so proud and warm when you are looking at it from under it ! i am a batik freak, and that is just the way i hope to do mine!

Last edited by nancia; 06-28-2015 at 03:36 AM.