Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
National Quilters Circle >

National Quilters Circle

National Quilters Circle

Old 07-04-2015, 02:50 AM

Do they offer anything you cannot find online for free? Probably not. Save your money.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:08 AM
C.

I have belonged for two years now and I LOVE it! They have NEVER sent a dvd expecting payment. They are very talented women with LOTS of tips, techniques and many unusual projects with tutorials. Heather Thomas is one instructor that is a most brilliant woman. I have loved everyone of her demos and have learned a lot from her. They a lot of creative things to offer. Not once have I been sorry, that is why I joined my second year and most likely will do a third. Yes, we learn a lot on this forum and many are so brilliant. But this is different demos on neat creativity in the quilting world. I joined The Quilt Show this year, and will NOT be renewing that one. Cant' say enough about National Quilting Circle for me, and I know others that have never been disappointed........ This is my take on it.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:23 AM

I don't believe this is the same company that sent out the dvds. I checked their website and there is some free content.

For $7 I would certainly give it a try.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:09 AM

I subscribed last year and really did not like the site once I did. There are So Many free tutorials I decided to save my$$ for fabric!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
It's a marketing gimmick. They do sneaky, back-handed tricks like sending you a DVD you never ordered, and then they bill you for it.

Here's another perspective on the company: http://thebitchystitcher.blogspot.co...-for-this.html

I'm with the others - there is so much free content out there, ripe for the picking. Don't buy something just because it's cheap. Most reputable outfits will let you try once for free, so you can judge the content for yourself and see if it's something you're interested in.
I joined some time ago when they had the year for $8 and have never received any DVD's or anything I never ordered. What I do get, when I view the free videos without logging on is a popup to join. I've watched a number of the videos, some of which are good and others not what I am interested in so I've definitely gotten more than an $8 value from the site. Especially when you think about the cost of a single magazine! I think for a beginner quilter, it is a huge value as it seems most of the videos are geared toward beginners. As an experienced quilter, I would not renew or buy at any higher price.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:03 PM

It"s not a bad deal, I subscribed a year or so ago when they offered it for $10. Then when they wanted me to resubscribe it costs a lot more, either $29 or $39 so I did not sign up again. There are just so many free videos available now.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:07 PM

I see they have videos on YouTube for free, and I saw the above mentioned Heather Thomas as well. Why pay , or are there more that you can't see for free? Anyway, I'm too cheap to spend money on something I can get for free. Just me,
Old 07-04-2015, 09:23 PM

I had subscribed at a low amount but now they want me to renew the price has gone way up and even though some of the videos are really good most ideas you can find on u-tube. Watch the free videos though.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:10 AM

As I said above, I've been a member for two years and when it came time to resubscribe at a higher price, I called them and they sold me the second year for 9 or 10 dollars. I don't believe this is the same company that sent out the DVDs. C. is right about the talent and variety. It's true some things are covered on youtube, but their info and demos are not the same as National Quilter's Circle. NQC does have some promos on youtube, but it's only teasers.