Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What you quilting today? >

What you quilting today?

What you quilting today?

Old 07-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

I'm working on my first scrappy quilt blocks. I'm using a 6x8 coupon book with a black solid strip in the center and same color family strips to form the diamond. These things are addictive!
Old 07-12-2015, 11:06 AM

I am not quilting today. Just finished a book and now I need to clean out from under the bathroom snk so dh can work on cleaning the drain tomorrow. I am thinking about basting a couple of quilts tomorrow. One is going to be machinecquilted for niece's first baby. Her husband's grandmother is a midwest quilter and I will not compare my hand quilting with her. I know my pattern is nothing midwest. It is bright red crabs with orange and green checkerboard since my niece was born here in jersey. The other quilt may be hand quilted for a friend finishing up chemo. It will be the first done on my new quilt frame that is being delivered tomorrow. It was a present from my dh for my 60th birthday and my retirement from teaching 38 years.

Last edited by donac; 07-12-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Not quilting so much as trying to organize my sewing space in my bedroom. Yesterday I had a new bed delivered, so, after 2 years of not doing much in my sewing area due to a torn rotator cuff surgery and then a shoulder replacement 2 months ago, my sewing area has become a war zone. However, I had to do some serious cleaning, decluttering, etc., etc. to make room for my new bed; so now everything is scattered hither and yon; so I need to get things organized so I can start to quilt again. However, I have cut out and quilted parts to make zippered pouches as shown in a tutorial by Jenny on MSQC, so as soon as I find the zippers again, that's what I'm going to do. Not sure what the rest of the week will bring, as I start outpatient physical therapy for my shoulder tomorrow. I'm still happy that I decided to opt for the shoulder replacement surgery, as I already have more range of motion and a lot less pain than I had 2 months ago. Three cheers for modern surgical technology. I hope to do a lot more quilting in the future and catch up on my many items on my Roundtoit List.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
Not sure I will get to any quilting today but sure have a lot of other sewing that's waiting for me.
Same here, today is relax with my husband day. We spend the day together in the study, he reads and I play my video game. Tomorrow is a dental visit and back to the lawn seeding wars. Hopefully by next week I can get back to my sewing room.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:48 PM

sewing on binding for a quilt I'm finishing up for my DGD and cutting up a large bag of scraps so they can become a couple of quilts.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post
Been busy all day, but hopefully once the kids are in bed I can do a little bit of hand quilting on my Settlers of Catan quilt. I'm very pleased with how it's going so far.
WHAT? There's a Settlers of Catan quilt????? My family is a huge fan of that game. Please tell me more about the quilt!
Old 07-12-2015, 06:45 PM

I started a patriotic quilt...stars and chevrons and tonight hand quilting a wallhanging for our home!!
Old 07-12-2015, 06:46 PM

I'm not following a pattern, just making something to look like the board game. Here is the top:

I'm adding detail with the quilting. It will be a wall hanging.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

That is going to be so cute! I hope you will show it again when you get it all quilted. I'd love to see what you do. Thanks for posting the picture!

Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post
I'm not following a pattern, just making something to look like the board game. Here is the top:

I'm adding detail with the quilting. It will be a wall hanging.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:09 AM

I'm taking a break from 2 big tee shirt quilt projects to work on a scrappy jelly roll race variant baby blanket. It's nice to see just how fast progress is going on this one.