Muliple quilts >

Muliple quilts

Muliple quilts

Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 AM

One project at a time for me. And I need to clean my sewing after each project
before I start a new one. I might plan another one on the computer when I'm not
sewing but that's about it.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:42 AM

I am a list maker and usually have 5 quilts in progress at any given time. I list the name of the quilt and the next five steps needing to be done. I usually have one cutting project going, one hand work for evenings, one being quilted, one or two that are piecing projects. At least one of the quilts is a UFO, most are done using stash fabric. I like being able to cross off steps from a list -- sometimes it seems like I haven't accomplished much until I look at my list and see how much is crossed off. Also keeps me focused on what needs to be done. It is always fun to finish one quilt and decide what goes on the list next.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:49 AM

I never read only one book at a time, so quilting is the same for me... I have various projects in various stages of completion.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:09 AM

Judy, you said it! For the record, I have about 6 in progress quilt tops and way more waiting for me to quilt them. I'll probably do a bunch of quilting in September/October to shorten the list. Maybe. If I feel like it.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:13 AM

I have, at the current moment (constantly changing), 4 quilts in various stages of completion as well as several mini projects that I can finish quickly and get out of the way. I have one EPP quilt top that I take with me on the "go" (make take years to finish). And I am always on the lookout for fabrics for my next quilt.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:24 AM

I have seven or eight flimsies that need sandwiching, backing, and quilting.

One of these will go to a longarmer on this board because it's for my DGD. PINKS & Fairies is a log cabin with over 140 different "pinks" and several small fairy panels: it cries out for beautiful featherwork.

There's a bunch of UFOs from classes which need finishing.

So, no, I don't work on one quilt at a time!
Old 07-13-2015, 11:48 AM

I have a few UFO's, too. Sometimes I just get bored with a quilt I'm making, and sometimes I just wanted to see how the pattern worked out. I'll finish them when I have nothing else to do, or when I find a recipient who it would be perfect for.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:32 PM

Rarely, if ever, do I have only one quilt I am currently working on. Usually have 3 or 4 or more in various stages of progress.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 07-13-2015, 12:47 PM

I too have many works in progress - for example I just quilted, labeled and bound a large wall hanging that I pieced more than 7 years ago in a workshop. I needed a quick gift for my husband's assistant who just bought his first home - so that motivated me to finish it. I like designing, choosing fabric and piecing best, so my flimsies tend to pile up.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:54 PM

I have different projects going as well. I am currently working on a mystery BOM from my LQS as well as quilt on my LA. I also have several WIPs in line as well.

Sometimes, it's nice to have several projects going, because you may get tired or frustrated of one and you will have one in the wings to work on.