Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Muliple quilts >

Muliple quilts

Muliple quilts

Old 07-14-2015, 10:12 AM

I agree with you I always finish a quilt and then I usually do smaller projects before I start on another big quilt.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:58 PM

I like a challenge. I have way too many quilts completed and almost completed. I've been working on "finishing up" the past 2 years. Have tried to post....having problems. My sister will be here the end of August and she'll get me going and I'll post many pics then. I saw Dotty's name and kept right up with Dear Jane. It's been sitting in a container with less than 20 blocks to go. That is something I really would like to finish up. This is a fun, informative feed. Good luck to us all
Old 07-14-2015, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

I recently cut out 4 double slice quilts at once to use up some red, white, blue and black material pieces, I cut the borders for them and binding strips.
I finished one of them to the point of getting it ready for a back. I will finish it up totally before I start another. Just have all the cutting out of the way.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:42 PM

whoo, boy--I hate to think how many I have in some stage of progress! I have one cut out and waiting (it's my, gee, I need something easy cause my brain is dead), my daughter's storm at sea on the DSM, and cutting board, a wedding gift quilt that needs a label before next Thurs when we fly to LA, a BOM on the Gammill (should be done by Thurs and then back to customer quilts, an art quilt on the design wall(been there so long that it keeps dropping pieces!), a stack of batiks to finish up blocks for a round robin, and some clothing for a memory quilt for a family member. Plus almost finished with embroidery blocks for a Route 66 quilt to go into one of our vintage cars.

I had a call last night from someone wanting a t-shirt quilt---was relieved when she said they found someone else (my phone had died for 4 days) and especially so when she said they needed it by end of next week!

I feel blessed that I have a sewing room to allow me the luxury of being so scattered(thank goodness the kids are grown!)
Old 07-14-2015, 05:00 PM

I will never tall how many quilts I have in the works. Just like I will never tall how many sewing machine I have. I'm not sure I know my self. [I think I need help.]
Old 07-14-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge View Post
I also have Quilters ADD -- I don't know if I get the "prize" or not, but at last count, I had 64 quilts on my unfinished list. Any cutting out constitutes a UFO all the way to ready to gift. I think I have 4 that just need the binding.

Linda in Missouri
At last count I had you beat, if you include tops that are done- but not sandwiched and quilted. "Any cutting out constitutes a UFO..?? NOT! They are WIPS (works in progress) if you are still working on them. They become UFO's when they get relagated to the back of a dark closet where they reside til who knows when! LOL On any given day you will find at least 8 or 10 WIPS in my WIPS tub. I work on one then get bored and put it back and work on a different one. Sometimes I want to cut, other time piece or applique. But sometimes its just that today I want to work with red, or am in the mood for chicken fabrics, etc. Did I say I retired this past January and now the pets and I make our own rules! Lovin it! I just quilt 'til I wilt!
Old 07-15-2015, 02:48 AM

I always have more than one quilt going at a time. At the moment. I have three. One is waiting to have the last two sides of the binding stitched on the back by hand. (Saving for an evening when I watch a moving and need a little hand work to do.) The second quilt came to a halt when I ran just a little short of a fabric and I need to 1.either get more or 2. make a change to the layout of the blocks. The third quilt is one that is made of several thousand 2.5 inch squares. I worked on it then put it away and pulled it out again a few days ago. I know it will go back in hiding and reappear later this year. I get tired of all of those little seams. Oh, and I am working on the Farmer's Wife with my guild. We do a few blocks per month. I won't even mention the number of quilts in my head that are planned or semi-planned!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 07-15-2015 at 02:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-15-2015, 03:26 AM

loving this thread! Definately going to try to get more than one on the go when I get my sewing room... though Christmas is coming and I should do some placemats... too many ideas!

ETA: cant believe you guys have guilds that quilt! would love to be part of something like that

Last edited by Serianas; 07-15-2015 at 03:32 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 07-15-2015, 03:57 AM

I always have several projects going at once that I'm working on. It keeps me from getting bored! Plus I piece then I press several projects, then go on to next step, press, etc.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:20 AM

I try to work on one quilt at a time, but sometimes life has other plans. Whenever I start a quilt for ME, someone has a baby, gets sick, a charity calls etc., so I usually have several in progress. Like right now: I made a promise to myself to finish The Great Pumpkin Quilt, a UFO, for us this year; BUT our DIL is expecting Oct. 1st so the baby quilt is half done and waiting for my retreat next week to finish (right now we have had out state family staying for 10 days); got another package to make a tote (or two) for Sadie's Dream for a Cure, so will do that at retreat also; have one charity quilt top and a twin bed quilt to quilt when the other projects are done. Life happens and I try to roll with it, though too many at once makes me nervous LOL