Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 07-10-2015, 04:45 PM

Vicki I love your Carpenter's wheel. I am getting ready to cut one out and start next week for niece's wedding quilt. You gave me some great ideas for the borders.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:14 PM

countrymaid: Great finish and just in time it sounds like.

A friend and I got together tonight to make covers for some collapsible trash bags we will give away at our retreat this fall...we bought the bags a couple years ago, so they are a UFO I suppose. Just a couple bands (for holding flat) left to finish up and we will have 18 ready to go. I'll get a picture tomorrow when I go back out to my craft room. I also have a quilt about half quilted I should be able to finish up this weekend.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:33 PM

Another quilt finished...I've had the fabric for more than 5 years...it was actually cut for a different quilt then I decided I didn't like that pattern so cut the pieces into different size squares. I had lots of 5" so decided to just do a D9P...but put it on point. I had to buy the red setting fabric, but the border and binding were in my stash.. The blocks were sewn together with out corner triangles and border for probably a year...so I decided it was going to be finished this year!

The other picture is the pop-up trash bags a friend and I covered for our retreat this fall...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	D9P On-Point.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	524886   Click image for larger version

Name:	popup trash cans.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	524887  
Old 07-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

Looking good Carrie....the red and brown put a nice frame on your quilt...those "trash" bags are a good stash buster project
Old 07-13-2015, 05:48 AM

love the quilt. Thank you for sharing it. I don't have anything finished but I sure am starting a bunch of small things.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:57 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]525078[/ATTACH]This is a relatively new UFO as it was started in February of this year. I followed Judy's #9 Mystery Train pattern until the sashing and layout. I had lots of trouble with the fusible batting not wanting to adhere( donated batting and first time using it) and got itchy using it; got some puckers on the front of the quilting but it looks great on the back; and, of course, I had trouble with the binding!

I'm so glad I am done with this one! I'm not sure why it turned out to be 'one of those' quilts. Lol! I still have more of the donated fusible batting so wish me luck on my next baby quilt.

Connie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	525078  
Old 07-13-2015, 04:08 PM

Connie...I like how your quilt finished your quilt. I don't know how it was supposed to look, but your pattern is nice. Hope your next quilt goes together easier for you.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:21 PM

Connie, I really like your border fabric choices on your quilt. Very nice

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 07-15-2015, 08:04 PM

Wow! Hard to believe I am just now catching up from way back at the June 20th post date. Was great to see all the wonderful UFO finishes...and some of you have been very prolific! I have not even had time to think about quilting since then and probably won't until August. By then, I will be having withdrawal so hope to accomplish something. My first attempt will be to try and fmq a small string quilt I have had done for about a year. Wish me luck. But in the time I have had to look at all my ufo's, it has made me realize I really need to finish some of them. The hard part is my guild is doing a row quilt and I haven't even picked out my fabrics yet so need to do that too so I can at least get one made of the blocks so far. Each member has to supply a block design and since there are only 9 of us, it won't be too large of a quilt but fun. Thankfully, I do not have to have mine ready to share until Oct. Emma, please be sure and share your finished quilt with the striped binding. I love stripped bindings. They really set off a quilt. Everyone, keep sharing pictures. Love them all!
Old 07-16-2015, 05:18 AM

How do we accumulate so many ufos? I cleared my box but for one last year! now.. lets see 6 quilt tops parts done need assembly. Three mind you THREE quilts finished quilting need binding. My hands hurt so bad quilting by hand is out for now. can get 8 inches maybe done in day. Maybe. so I also have three active quilt tops working on and oh wait another baby quilt block that everyone did for me that needs assembly. Why do I keep starting NEW projects when its obvious there are many waiting to be done? help. I need help! lol. plus I am quilting very slowly these days only a couple blocks a week maybe. I will never finish sigh. I need a leash. yes I do. lol.