Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Organization - projects >

Organization - projects

Organization - projects

Old 01-15-2010, 05:33 AM

wow ! awesome room! but mannnn I havent seen mine as clean as yours since the day I moved in. Great ideas though, as I have 4 days off this weekend, starting today. And I planned on taking everything out of my craft room and putting in counters and pantry, getting it all organized. Wish me luck !

thanks for sharing your pic, it makes me want to get up right now and get started.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 AM

As far as keeping kitties off... may be a losing battle BUT if there is one thing quilters do is Never Give UP and so someone once suggested that it might work to put the clear plastic vinyl they sell by the yard at some fabric stores over your project.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 AM

i use those plastic see-through drawer units. i get them at job lots. they stack and come in different sizes. when i move from room to room, i slide out a drawer and take it with me. i also carry projects in the plastic tubs with handles like joann's has, but i get them at job lots. for stuff that isn't moving around, i use whatever shelves or dressers i find out on the street. renew, reuse, recycle. i have gotten great 'bargains' that way. i paint everything white and i'm good to go. (if you see something terrific, take out one drawer, so nobody else gets it while you come back for it).
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Here is a pic of my sewing room shelves with the shoe box size and the bigger size craft boxes. I have since reorganized the shelves and have more of the bigger boxes.
I am looking at idea's to start my quilt room. Your picture has just given me wonderful ideas. Got more of the room?
thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 04:21 PM

I use a combination of zippered bags and pizza boxes (my local pizza joint charges me .25 for each one.)

I do not like to leave fabric for very long in plastic bags as it will react to the moisture that builds up over time from the humidity in your home. That is the same reason we quilters shouldn't store our finished quilts in plastic anything!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

I have a few big plastic boxes with deep lids, and I use post-it notes just so I don't forget what's in them. For smaller bits and pieces I use zip-loc bags. I worry a bit about moisture, so I save those little de-humidifying packages you get in some products and toss those in with some lavender bags.