Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-05-2015, 05:58 PM

I think the reason this thread is not used so often, is you can't find it because there is no sticky. Any one have a way to pull this up quickly? I love this thread.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
I wish people would post more in here.....we can all benefit from new tips and ideas......I would like to know if someone here got another hoop for this machine beside the two standart hoops and if its worth the investment since I read different opinions iver the mega hoop ( doesn,t always work..? )
Me too, I'm always up for trying something new.
I haven't tried a larger hoop. I guess I'm a bit backward because I always wonder if I can get a design into a smaller hoop. If a design calls for a 5x7 hoop but will work in a smaller hoop(like the 5x5) I'll do it in the smaller hoop. Same with a design for a 4 inch hoop. If it's really small, I'll see if it will work in the 2 1/2 inch hoop. The smaller the hoop, the smaller the piece of stabilizer, the easier the project is to hoop(or float) and the less chance of any distortion. As long as it's not a real finely detailed or dense design, those are a whole 'nuther thing.

Cari
Old 08-06-2015, 02:53 AM

Cari, i am with you. I prefer quicker stitch-outs vs the jumbo hoop time-suck designs. I like to embellish polo shirts with fun "logo. Size designs. Anything that takes over an hour to stitch, I am not interested. No, i don't sew while my embroidery stitches. That is way too much multi-tasking . I take the opportunity to pick up my sewing room, re-organize etc.

I hope to get some projects done in the fall. For now, i spend time outside before we head into the darker evenings of fall.

sandy
Old 08-06-2015, 03:54 AM

those are adorable ornaments.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:07 AM

Sophie those are lovely thank you for showing us.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:45 AM
DJ

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
......someone gave me a tip which I am using ...I don,t hoop the tower....I just put the towel on top if the hoop and placing a sheet of paper over it......the machine stitches over the paper.....which I have to remove after the design is stitched....it does take some time to get all the paper out if there especially if the design is very saturated but it works.....and eventually all the paper will get out with the washing......
I use water-soluble stabilizer on top of the towel which washes out beautifully. I think it would drive me nuts to try to pick out all the paper bits!

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
I think the reason this thread is not used so often, is you can't find it because there is no sticky. Any one have a way to pull this up quickly? I love this thread.
I subscribed to the thread, so when there are new posts, I get an email. I can click on the link in the email to go right to the latest posts.

Sophie ~ Your ornaments are wonderful. Where did you get the designs? I have that pattern for placemats. Hadn’t thought of using Christmas fabric. Your work is beautiful!

I’ve been working on some baby bibs with DD. Many of them are using machine embroidery and they are turning out really cute. We used some of her DH’s old jeans.

Has anyone tried over-starching fabric to help with the puckering?
Old 08-07-2015, 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=DJ;7279640]I use water-soluble stabilizer on top of the towel which washes out beautifully. I think it would drive me nuts to try to pick out all the paper bits!

Sophie ~ Your ornaments are wonderful. Where did you get the designs? I have that pattern for placemats. Hadn’t thought of using Christmas fabric. Your work is beautiful!

DJ, I got the pattern for the ornaments from Embroidery Library - Vintage Christmas. I really enjoyed stitching them out. I have used the placemat pattern a lot. It is my "go-to" placemat pattern. When we travel I like picking up fat quarters for the placemats which then reminds me of our travels long after the trip.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Cari, i am with you. I prefer quicker stitch-outs vs the jumbo hoop time-suck designs. I like to embellish polo shirts with fun "logo. Size designs. Anything that takes over an hour to stitch, I am not interested. No, i don't sew while my embroidery stitches. That is way too much multi-tasking . I take the opportunity to pick up my sewing room, re-organize etc.

sandy
I have lots of time sucking designs like Loralie and others that I do when the project I'm making calls for them but I do prefer smaller ones. Sometimes I'll get two of my machines going at the same time, the kidlets love watching Grammas' "magic machines", but I tried getting all 3 going at once only one time, it was too crazy trying to keep up with the thread changes. Sewing and embroidering at the same time? No, I want to concentrate on one process (and one mess) at a time.

Cari
Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJ View Post
I use water-soluble stabilizer on top of the towel which washes out beautifully. I think it would drive me nuts to try to pick out all the paper bits!
Has anyone tried over-starching fabric to help with the puckering?
I'll use a heavy tear away for the back of a towel if it's a dense design since it holds up better in the hoop but I always use wash away for the top.

I don't know if heavy starching will help with puckering. I figured out after many hours of playing around with my machines that most of my pucker issues were caused by hooping too tight and/or stabilizer issues. I stopped using tear away for most projects, went to a medium weight cut away and I don't hoop most items any more, just the stabilizer. Changing my process solved most of my issues, I rarely have puckering any more. There is so much information and tutorials out there on the net, you just have to figure out which process works best for you.

Cari
Old 08-19-2015, 01:30 PM

I am looking to purchase a gift for my SIL who has a Janome 9700. She wants a magnetic hoop for embroidering heavier things such as towels. If I purchase the Magna Hoop Jumbo is that all that she will need? Is this the correct magnetic hoop (it says for Janome 9700 MC)? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I am confused>>