Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-15-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I look at this group, and the way that Jane's quilt has bought all these people together from all over the world, and think you just can't put a price on that.
Not only am I thankful for Jane's quilt,but because my pass well never come in contract with it I am grateful for the picture and someone took the time copy it so I now can try my hand at it.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

So after the recent discussion, if I refer, on my blog, to the quilt I am making as a Dear Jane quilt, this lady will come down on me like a ton of bricks? If this is the case, then can I say that I am making a version of Jane Stickle's quilt?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lacelady
So after the recent discussion, if I refer, on my blog, to the quilt I am making as a Dear Jane quilt, this lady will come down on me like a ton of bricks? If this is the case, then can I say that I am making a version of Jane Stickle's quilt?
she can come down on you about it but unless you sell things related to Dear Jane on the blog while talking about it i doubt she will bother.

you can mention Jane Stickle until you're blue in the face and there's nothing she can do.

you could even call it Deer Jane and have the deer animal wearing the dear jane blocks as a coat and i doubt she'd have a case against you.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:22 PM

LOL Klue, that's funny.

I haven't posted in the last 30 or so pages, so I wanted to stop in and say HI! I'm still working on mine.... I'm halfway thru the Week 3 blocks, so I'm still ahead, but not as far as I was a coupla weeks ago. hehe
Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 PM

Just as a complete change of direction....

what do you guys think about a prize at the end of each six week period, for the biggest blunder?

I just sewed a whole section of a block on backwards, I was so pleased I had perfect points I didn't even realise it was entirely the wrong way! LOL But I never thought to take a photo.

I was impressed the other day when cutebuns posted a photo of her triangle that didn't go well, and Klue has posted a block she plans to redo, it's nice to know that such amazing quilters have things that don't go well. We all know it happens, but you don't really believe till you see it.

So, I had the idea that maybe we should have a blunder prize, that we all vote for the best one at the end of each six weeks. I don't mind sending something from here, or everyone could send a charm square... I haven't really thought this through! LOL But I think if we saw more mistakes we might not be so hard on ourselves. :-)
Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Banned

what do you guys think about a prize at the end of each six week period, for the biggest blunder?

I just sewed a whole section of a block on backwards, I was so pleased I had perfect points I didn't even realise it was entirely the wrong way! LOL But I never thought to take a photo.

I was impressed the other day when cutebuns posted a photo of her triangle that didn't go well, and Klue has posted a block she plans to redo, it's nice to know that such amazing quilters have things that don't go well. We all know it happens, but you don't really believe till you see it.

So, I had the idea that maybe we should have a blunder prize, that we all vote for the best one at the end of each six weeks. I don't mind sending something from here, or everyone could send a charm square... I haven't really thought this through! LOL But I think if we saw more mistakes we might not be so hard on ourselves. :-)
i think its a great idea and i'd be willing to mail fabric or some form of squishy for the winner too.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:47 PM

i am going to re do br2 mine just didn't come out good at all will go ahead and post pics tho
Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 PM

Sorry but the rest of you wouldn't stand a change. Was reading a devotional book this week and the lady was talking about her sewing, she had taken the zipper out so many times that it looked like she had worn it for an acupuncture treatment. . Ya, that my quilt block. That was my first try of three. I kept the third no matter what it looked like.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kosmos

Sorry but the rest of you wouldn't stand a change. Was reading a devotional book this week and the lady was talking about her sewing, she had taken the zipper out so many times that it looked like she had worn it for an acupuncture treatment. . Ya, that my quilt block. That was my first try of three. I kept the third no matter what it looked like.
LOL, thats such a great story.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:07 PM

LOL

I've had a few that looked like they've had acupuncture! ;-)

I wish I'd taken a photo of my backwards one, it would be a good start.